PDA

View Full Version : quick questions on renagade rigger

screwball
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
hey guys, ive been considering the renagade rigger for a pretty long time now and im down to the final few things i need to know,

how much space do i have for batteries in the front of one that is stretched and one that is normal sized?

i saw someone had one for sale and it looked like the boat was built upside down, in the thread it also said that the boat handled roupher water better, how was this achived?

i know that somepeople run 3 blade octuras on them, which one is this?, can i get away with running the one that comes with the hardware set?

is their anything i need to know about them handeling wise? , or maybe something to look out for when i do the build?

thanks!,
James

yurkanip
12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I would suggest if you wanted a "small" rigger go with the simple to build and strong predator from plans, its about 24" OR the etti demon, rigger, Its small as well. If you want a good handling rigger that can reach speeds in most kinds of water you will want one in the 27-30" range. There are a LOT of kits for the do it your selfer to build. such as the keps, raptor rigger, firefighter etc...the list goes on and on. I like to build, so this is also just my two cents.

screwball
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
thanks yurkanip but ive already got most of the components for a renagade im just looking for some answers on it...

James

yurkanip
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
No problem...if you need any setup tips for riggers, just holler. If I could leave you with one tip...seal all of the inside surfaces with epoxy...this will make the hull waterproof, once it is finished. Nothing worse than building a hull and having water warp something, that was missed.

Diegoboy
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
hey guys, ive been considering the renagade rigger for a pretty long time now and im down to the final few things i need to know,

how much space do i have for batteries in the front of one that is stretched and one that is normal sized?

Great choice with the Renegade!
Normal, the rear sponson boom limits the battery thickness to 7/8" thick or 22.2mm
Stretched, the rear sponson boom is moved outside of the tub so the thickness can be 1-3/16" or 30.1mm

i saw someone had one for sale and it looked like the boat was built upside down, in the thread it also said that the boat handled roupher water better, how was this achived?

Here (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=8828) is the original stretched renegade thread.
It handles rough water better because sponson to tub orientation makes it "feel" like a larger rigger when the tub size hasn't changed

i know that somepeople run 3 blade octuras on them, which one is this?, can i get away with running the one that comes with the hardware set?

The 3 blade Octura was a custom cut by Egneg (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=786). I had him take an Octura V935/3 and cut it down to 32mm diameter making a V932/3.
The X432 is the best all around prop for the boat, but the stock plastic ones are good too.

is their anything i need to know about them handeling wise? , or maybe something to look out for when i do the build?

thanks!,
James

There are no "gotcha's" on this kit. Just be sure the bottom section is built on a very FLAT surface when you assemble it. If the bottom is warped, it'll run odd, but then again, all riggers would too.

BakedMopar
12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
The 3 blade Octura was a custom cut by Egneg (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=786). I had him take an Octura V935/3 and cut it down to 32mm diameter making a V932/3.

I believe this is the prop I have now. I have trouble getting that sucker to plane on my hydro but when it does its scoots and runs very predictable.

I was thinking about one of these too. First I need to get me other one dialed.

Diegoboy
12-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I believe this is the prop I have now. I have trouble getting that sucker to plane on my hydro but when it does its scoots and runs very predictable.

I was thinking about one of these too. First I need to get me other one dialed.

George, If it has a hard time getting on plane with that one, Maybe you need the V935/3 for the hydro.

screwball
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
thanks for all the help guys?

danny do you run any lipo`s from hobby city in your renegades? do you have a link to them? i know that simetimes they measure the batteries wrong so i just want to make sure.....

thanks!
James

HOTWATER
12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Guys, these are awesome little riggers to build and run. The first time I tossed mine into the water it ran great (I ran the prop that came with it). I am very happy with mine! Just make sure you follow the easy build instructions and keep everything square, straight and keep the trailing ends of the sponsons as sharp as you can. Also, make sure you use foam compatible CA. Regular CA will eat through the foam!!:doh:

-Kent

Diegoboy
12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
This (http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6424) one will fit nicely if you stretch it.

screwball
12-08-2009, 06:41 AM
thanks guys im pretty sure that im going to go with it, and thanks for that link danny but their out of stock :( can i maybe have the measurements of the battery compartment on a stretched one? or even a regular size one.....

thanks!
James

HOTWATER
12-08-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks guys im pretty sure that im going to go with it, and thanks for that link danny but their out of stock :( can i maybe have the measurements of the battery compartment on a stretched one? or even a regular size one.....

thanks!
James

James...what are you trying to accomplish with the batteries? If you would just go with the one they reccomend, you won't have any problems (Thunder Power 1320 Pro Lite... it fits very nicely). Also, the 1350's have replaced the 1320's, but you can still find the 1320's around.

The measurements for the TP 1320 Pro Lite are: 65mm(L)x34mm(W)x19mm(H).

The measurements for the TP 1350 Pro Lite V2 are: 66mm(L)x34mm(W)x20mm(H).

IMO...I would not go crazy over trying to get a bigger battery to fit...it will not make a big difference. besides, you will only be able to run it for so long before it has to cool down anyways!

-Kent

screwball
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
James...what are you trying to accomplish with the batteries? If you would just go with the one they reccomend, you won't have any problems (Thunder Power 1320 Pro Lite... it fits very nicely). Also, the 1350's have replaced the 1320's, but you can still find the 1320's around.

The measurements for the TP 1320 Pro Lite are: 65mm(L)x34mm(W)x19mm(H).

The measurements for the TP 1350 Pro Lite V2 are: 66mm(L)x34mm(W)x20mm(H).

IMO...I would not go crazy over trying to get a bigger battery to fit...it will not make a big difference. besides, you will only be able to run it for so long before it has to cool down anyways!

-Kent

kent, sorry if i conveyed that, i just needed to know ehat size batt the reccommend for it and i couldent find any info on it lol i know that the boat needs to cool between runs and i know that im not going to get crazy runtimes hahaha.

thanks for the info!
James

HOTWATER
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
kent, sorry if i conveyed that, i just needed to know ehat size batt the reccommend for it and i couldent find any info on it lol i know that the boat needs to cool between runs and i know that im not going to get crazy runtimes hahaha.

thanks for the info!
James

No worries James! If you have any questions:confused2:, I would be more than happy to help you out...:smile:

-Kent

screwball
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
i think i found one that might work, what do you guys think? http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9272&Product_Name=Turnigy_1300mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack

HOTWATER
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
i think i found one that might work, what do you guys think? http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9272&Product_Name=Turnigy_1300mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack

POOF!!....:just-kidding: It seems like alot of RCers like the Turnigy's. The dimensions seem good...go for it!!

-Kent

HOTWATER
12-08-2009, 12:03 PM
don't know if you have anything yet so here is the link to buy a Renegade (Steve is an awesome guy): http://www.bizingo.com/m/Renegade%20Riggers/default.asp

Do yourself a favor and get the outrunner motor with the kit...

Here are some other things you will need:

Renegade rigger hardware pkg. (OSE)
3mm to .130 coupler (OSE)
and Castle Creations Phoenix 25 ESC

screwball
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
thanks kent!

i already have a mystery 40A esc so i just need to get the kit, the batteries, and the hardware

how long does it take to get the kit from him?

thanks!
James

HOTWATER
12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
thanks kent!

i already have a mystery 40A esc so i just need to get the kit, the batteries, and the hardware

how long does it take to get the kit from him?

thanks!
James

It takes about a week at the most...I think I got mine in about 4 days.:thumbup1:

OSE has just ONE hardware kit left in stock!!:ohmy: Get that while you still can...

-Kent

screwball
12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
thanks for all your help guys!

i ordered the hardware from ose but paypal seems to be having problems so i cant complete my hobbycity order or the renegade rigger one ill try again tommorow......

Thanks!
James

HOTWATER
12-08-2009, 10:30 PM
thanks for all your help guys!

i ordered the hardware from ose but paypal seems to be having problems so i cant complete my hobbycity order or the renegade rigger one ill try again tommorow......

Thanks!
James

No problemo! Good luck on your orders...

-Kent

screwball
12-09-2009, 03:34 PM
ok guys all orders have been made! come christmas day their will be another renegade build thread on here! now to decide if i should go stretched or normal sized....

James