PDA

View Full Version : Large Strut Needs for 8-14S+ setups..Yep!

Jeff Wohlt
12-06-2009, 01:29 PM
New production.

I classify this as 8S-14 S and hardware for those big hulls of 36-45+ inch hulls.
Great for big hydros and cats.

Strut is 2.25 " blade length and the brackets are 1/8" with a 2" offset. Big strong stuff for big A$$ set ups.

6mm shaft with big twin 6x10mm bearings in the strut stepped to 3/16 for props. She is smooth and strong!

Also, the key is a true 3/16" flex shaft without any unwinding to make fit in small stubs as some have to do.

Big bearings handles RPMs and torque much better. Using the large drivedog also matches the strut dia and you get even more meat to lock it down for big props.

This one is for sale for Hardware strut and 18" shaft and cable and drive dog.

Only one at this time but more in production. Great finish and no boat is going to break this one.

Nose is made for 1/4" K&S using no liner.

$55 + std s&h

bustitup
12-06-2009, 01:33 PM
its real purty Jeff

New production.

I classify this as 8S-14 S and hardware for those big hulls of 36-45+ inch hulls.
Great for big hydros and cats.

Strut is 2.25 " blade length and the brackets are 1/8" with a 2" offset. Big strong stuff for big A$$ set ups.

6mm shaft with big twin 6x10mm bearings in the strut stepped to 3/16 for props. She is smooth and strong!

Also, the key is a true 3/16" flex shaft without any unwinding to make fit in small stubs as some have to do.

Big bearings handles RPMs and torque much better. Using the large drivedog also matches the strut dia and you get even more meat to lock it down for big props.

This one is for sale for Hardware strut and 18" shaft and cable and drive dog.

Only one at this time but more in production. Great finish and no boat is going to break this one.

Nose is made for 1/4" K&S using no liner.

$55 + std s&h

Jeff Wohlt
12-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I had several write me asking for bigger, stronger stuff. Also, that can spin big props and use bearings. The are many guys out there running 8+S set ups. This also works for any other smaller set up as well.

No matter how much torque you put on these the props spins just the same...almost no resistance.

I am becoming a big fan of metric.

bonewar
12-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Jeff ,

They look real nice. How long is the bottom of the strut. Sent you a PM . Bonewar :rockon2:

Jeff Wohlt
12-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Strut without nose is 35mm long.

bonewar
12-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Jeff,

The strut is awesome. This will give me the smooth drive line I've be chasing. Keep up the good work my friend. And fellows the strut is the goods , 2 bearings super smooth and pretty to boot. Thanks mate Rick :rockon2:

tharmer
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Will it work with RH props (a la 1/7th scale racing)?
-t

Jeff Wohlt
12-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Sure it will.

bonewar
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Jeff ,

I'm posting this here so that i can show you a picture of the strut.

I'm in the process of redesigning the rudder and strut for my M12 project.
Could you make me a custom strut with the 10mm bearings.
It would use the same stub shaft you are making now.
The design is like your original 1 just a different length and height.

Have a look over the drawing.
And tell me what you think.
Thanks mate Rick :rockon2:

bonewar
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Jeff,

The strut is basically the same size .
Same bearings , same stub shaft.

The height is shorter , the hole in the middle is smaller, the strut is longer towards the back, And the nose cone flush with the leg of the strut.
Also the cut angle that faces forward is smaller.
Have a look at this pic , it shows your original 1 and the new design.

Jeff Wohlt
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the pics...not sure I can find one of those with the blade forward like that but will search. I can make a SS one for you I think but not sure about aluminum to fit that size bearing

bonewar
05-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Jeff,

I've put this here so you can look at the drawing.