PDA

View Full Version : Attention all airtronics fans new product press release

BILL OXIDEAN
12-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Gents,

I've been given permission to spill the beans about these new products..
I'm STOKED about being able to use 2s lipo rcvr packs and having even faster response!

Airtronics now has twice the response speed as the leading compettitor!

New Product Announcement!

Unbelievable progress on New Product from Sanwa!

1. The line of servos just exploded. As you recall, the line has had about
9 servos in it for the last year. We now have a EXPLOSION of new servos.
There are even more in development to truly help fill-in the line.
See the attached list. I just received the final specs on some of these
items today!

2. Super Response Servo and Receiver for the M11X
Sanwa has developed a new receiver for the M11X (in the same case as the
current M11X receiver) with a latency minimum rating of 2.5ms. That makes
it about twice as fast as the next fasted receiver in the industry.

The receiver, when matched with the M11X in the fastest mode, works at a
narrower pulse width. Thus reaction time and precision are improved over
any existing radio system. To take advantage of this higher performance,
Sanwa Created 4 new Super Response Servos. Two are coreless and 2 are
brushless!

The trick here is that the response time (from the time you put in an
input, as tiny an input as you can do to the time the servo actually
changes direction from where it was before) is massively increased. This
is "transit time" as the industry calls it, this is response.

See the attached draft of the press release for more info.

3. HI VOLTAGE.
Everyone is asking about running on 2 Li-Po's direct. Here's the facts as
they stand at the moment. ONLY the new Hi-Voltage 94910 and 94911 servo
are rated for 2 cell lipo direct. The other servos, in some cases, may
"work", but the motor life will be decreased. Most will simply "fry".

The new High Voltage servos are made for this type of current.

Both the Standard AND the new SSR receiver for the M11X are confirmed from
Sanwa to be compatible with 2 Cell Li-Po DIRECT!

4. SD-10G Owners Please Note:
First, the new SSR servos will not have the same performance they do on
the M11X SSR setup, but even in the SD-10G you will feel an improvement in
that "connected" feeling by using SSR servos.

Second, NO, the current 10ch receiver is NOT compatible with a 2 cell
Li-PO direct! Sanwa is working on a new Hi-Voltage solution.

Third, You now have a truly WIDE RANGE of servos to choose from that are
DIGITAL AND work with the High-Speed SD-10G 10Ch FHSS-3 receiver!

All of these new products will begin arriving early January and by end of
February we should have all of them in stock.

BILL OXIDEAN
12-03-2009, 08:44 PM
AIRTRONICS ANNOUNCES

New Super Response Technology by Sanwa (S.S.R.) for the M11X 2.4GHz radio. S.S.R. Technology gives servo response that is 5 times faster using the new Airtronics Matched S.S.R receiver and servo system.

Engineers at Sanwa have created an entirely new concept for operation of digital servos utilizing the incredibly fast frame rates and precision digital signal only found in our 2.4GHz technology.

RX-451R M11X SSR FHSS-3 Receiver; ATX No. 82451: The new FHSS-3 SSR receiver has an improved latency of 2.5ms, beating the current M11X standard receiver of 4ms (note this receiver was already the fastest in the industry, Airtronics made it FASTER!) In the fastest frame rate mode of the M11X, in addition to this industry leading latency, and fastest frame rate, the pulse width is narrowed providing quicker and more precise response. You will feel more connected to your car than ever before. Your car will react with lightning speed as if it were hard-wired to your radio.

Compatibility Note: SSR receiver will work with regular Digital servos although there will be no increase of performance. Analog servos are not compatible with the SSR receiver. Also, in the fastest response mode, some ESC's are not compatible.

SSR Servos: To truly feel the difference in this SSR technology, you must match the SSR receiver to the SSR servos appropriate for your vehicle. Don't be fooled by raw numbers, these servos operate with a narrowed pulse width giving reaction time (changing of direction) faster than any servos available today when used in conjunction with the SSR receiver. The servos are all standard size cases with superior fit and finish and fit in most 1/10th through 1/8th scale applications.

You can choose between the highest response times and the highest power. The new Coreless SSR servos offer superior response over all previous digital equipment with the power for most all applications. For those applications where precision and response is the absolute most important, the new SSR Brushless servos offer the absolute best response rates, precision movement, and durability. There are both high torque and high speed brushless-motor and coreless-motor servos available.

In both instances, the torque servos are designed for 1/8th buggies & truggies as well as the larger monster trucks. The speed servos are designed for 1/12th to 1/0th offroad vehicles as well as for EP/GP onroad 1/10th to 1/8th cars.

Note that SSR servos are compatible with standard 2.4GHz radios although they will not provide the same high-performance they do in SSR mode in conjunction with the SSR M11X receiver.

94930 SRG-BR S.S.R. Brushless Servo-Speed - 8kg-cm torque
94931 SRG-BZ S.S.R. Brushless Servo-Torque - 13kg-cm torque
94950 SRG-CR S.S.R. Coreless Servo-Speed - 9kg-cm torque
94951 SRG-CZ S.S.R. Coreless Servo-Torque - 14.8kg-cm torque

Jeepers
12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
all this and no water proof receiver or servos?:sarcasm1:

BILL OXIDEAN
12-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Indeed Airtronics has an extensive line of water resistant servos. Some of the fourthcoming ones are as well its just not listed.

All current airtronics receivers are conformally coated as well.

I wouldn't use them otherwise:bounce:

sailr
12-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I have been a user of SANWA/Airtronics since the early 1970's. I have owned every other brand of radio from then to the present. I can honestly say that I NEVER had an airtronics radio fail on me. NEVER. Can't say the same for the others. Now with the $99 Tx/Rx surface system and the reliability and great price of the RDS8000 for aircraft, they are perhaps the best bargain going. I do use the Tactic radios in addition but since Airtronics announced the $99 deal for a true computer radio with multi model memories, etc., I doubt I will go any further with Tactic.

AndyKunz
12-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Wilmer,

I just checked their site and can't find your press release. Do you have a link you can share?

Thanks.

Andy

BILL OXIDEAN
12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I was naughty and released it to you guys before the public was supposed to see it.
It was a team driver press release