PDA

View Full Version : After programming card results

G-UNIT
12-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Well i got the the programming card and reprogramed the esc,
esc took the new settings, got one beep.
This morning put the boat in the water and still cuts out at full throttle, but when i ease the trigger to wot i can get it up to 3/4 maybe alittle more before it cuts out, at first i thought the batts were to far back and the batts just dont cut it, then i repositioned the batts fwd in the stock positition and got alittle better result.
Bottom line esc, motor, transmitter are ok,just crappy batterys.
(venom 3600 mah ). Hope to get lipos as soon as $$$$ is avabile.

G-UNIT
12-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I am not giving up on this thing, will be upgrading hardware soon also.
Batt trays removed, tupperware gone, raised prop angle just a bit.
I think i'm getting this stuff down now thanks to all of you folks here at this fourm, thanks. Got to get lipos bad.

jamespl
12-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I've just had a new stock esc yesterday and had my programming card today so set it up and took the boat out for a run, now before I replaced my esc I had only one of my two sets of nimh's that would run the boat at full throttle but since the esc change both sets of batteries run fine, no cutout.

G-UNIT
12-03-2009, 04:35 PM
What makes you think your esc was bad and what do you have it set at.
I have no indacations that mine is bad because i get all the right beeps ect...

jamespl
12-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Mine also made all the right beeps, I'm not totaly sure if my old esc is bad because I didn't use the programming card on it. I have it set to nimh's, brake off, voltage cutoff high, cutoff type slow down and linear throttle curve and it runs fine

G-UNIT
12-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Did you send your old esc back or did they just send you a new one

jamespl
12-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I just bought a new one, the old one was working but it smelt of electrical burning so didn't want my boat to die in the middle of the lake or go up in flames

G-UNIT
12-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you curious if your old one is any good?
The reason i'm asking is to narrow my cutoff problem down.
I still think it is my s**t venoms.

Rex R
12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
most likely it is the venom batteries causing you problems. they may be great cells for trucks/cars but, from what boaters have said they do not appear to be up to the demands of todays FE boats.

wakeboardfusion
12-04-2009, 01:01 AM
i had that same problem with cheap nimh batts. Switched to lipos, and it runs great.

jamespl
12-04-2009, 06:10 AM
I would have thought it's the batteries aswell but it is strange that both sets of batteries work ok with a new esc! As posted above I think lipos are the way forward, i'm going to invest in some lipos and a charger after Christmas

G-UNIT
12-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Has anybody tried building their own battery packs ?, if so about how much did it cost, just wondering because i saw how to do it on this sight.

Rex R
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
well if you add in the cost of shipping about 30-$35 for a 6cell nimh pack

sfcoffee
02-06-2010, 04:08 PM
The stock radio is a total POS get rid of it apap. use good quality fm or preferably 2.4 radio