PDA

View Full Version : New guy and the UL-1

racer66
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi guys, I am new here and very glad I foud this forum. Been wanting a Aquacraft UL-1 for some time now. Not thinking of racing right now, but want a real good RTR sport hydro to play with and I think I have found it:buttrock:

So many questions I don't know where to begin. Well, I'll start where to get one of these UL-1s? I see Steve here at OSE is "out of stock" and Towers has them on back order, due January 2010. As I am local to Steve, I live in Mass, I can allways contact him and get one threw him. I am sure he will set me up and give me a one on one approach to this great boat.

I been doing my homework on this boat and see there has been some problems with these boats: body damage, leaking jackets, soft fin mounts...I believe the company has addressed these issues and hope the New batches will be good. I also see that if there is an issue, I will be taken care of, which is good.

As I stated earlier, I am looking for a great ship to have fun with. I really like the looks of this boat. And it being RTR is great. I am sure it is super right out the box, therefore I should be Ok for my first runs.

It's great to see a site like OSE commited to electrics, especially the Aquacraft UL-1. I have been reading this forum over and over and there are great tips here, just great stuff on this boat. I have all winter to educate myself and make sure the UL-1 is ready for spring.

I'll be posting many questions to you guys in how to get this set up right. I want to be sure I get all the right batts, props and anything else to make this a winner on the water.

precisionboatbuilder
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
TRY EBAY:biggrin:

racer66
12-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks, I have been looking there this past week. There was a red one yesteday NIB. But listing ended early? Towers expects UL 1's early January 2010. I am waiting on Steve at OSE to get some in stock.

detox
12-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I wonder if the next lot will be upgraded for the better.

racer66
12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
They should be...everyone is out of them. So, the company has to make more and they should be upgraded!

tomcraig
12-05-2009, 08:32 AM
There were 2 NIB UL-1 boats at Bobs Hobbies at Steves Hangar and 2 boats at Graves Hobbies both places are in Orlando Florida

racer66
12-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Tomcraig...thanks for the tip. I just loged onto Graves R/C and got the last yellow UL-1 and the last white SV 27 BL:banana: These were the colors I was looking for.

Unsullied_Spy
12-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Congrats on the find, these have been back ordered for months, I ordered one in August and I'm still waiting for mine. Every time I check the order status with Horizon it's another month later, if I don't have it by March I'm cancelling my order...

racer66
12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks! It was tomcraig who helped me out. As of today Steve's Hangar in Orlando, FL has 2 UL-1's NIB, both orange. Bob's R/C in Orlando, FL has 2 as well, one red, one orange. I checked Horizion's web site, they don't even list Aquacraft? Towers says order pending January? I have one on order with them.

Best thing to do if you really want one, is to buy one Now. Maybe not the color you want but at least you will have one. You can allways hang onto it till your order comes in. I am sure you can sell it here or keep as a spare? Keep an eye out on ebay.

Will Aquacraft produce more UL-1's? The Aquacraft SV BL's are still avialble, but certin colors are out. They are on back order as well. I think you can get any color SV N you want with no problem. Maybe Grim can let us UL-1 guys know what's happening with production for 2010:unsure:

racer66
12-05-2009, 06:10 PM
If you go to the Aquacraft web site, they have a dealer locator. Just type in your zip. They will show a list of Aquacraft dealers in your area. Pick up the phone and start calling, you might find one:banana:

Unsullied_Spy
12-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Boating season is over for at least 4 more months, I'm in no rush.

I see no reason why they would stop producing them. I suspect they aren't running the factories rigt now because most people aren't boating this time of year and nobody wants to have excess inventory sitting on the shelves so they'll wait another few months and start up production again for the Spring time.

racer66
12-05-2009, 06:19 PM
I am sure Aquacraft is on top of it, I see no reason why they would stop production of these. They are very popular. Wait till the new year, and get a factory fresh, upgraded one.

egneg
12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I see no reason why they would stop producing them. I suspect they aren't running the factories rigt now because most people aren't boating this time of year and nobody wants to have excess inventory sitting on the shelves so they'll wait another few months and start up production again for the Spring time.

Christmas is just around the corner and I would think that this would be about the best time to have plenty of stock on hand not to mention that the southern US runs boats year round.

racer66
12-05-2009, 06:24 PM
+1 on that!

Diesel6401
12-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I know I'm waiting for the stock, I been drooling over these for the last few months well I've only been in boating for the last few months as well :tongue_smilie:

Unsullied_Spy
12-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Christmas is just around the corner and I would think that this would be about the best time to have plenty of stock on hand not to mention that the southern US runs boats year round.

True, I would expect that they would do a producion run in November to take care of the holiday season and any southerners that are looking for a new boat but who knows?

djwilliams
12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Kintec racing has ul-1's for sale on his website in all colors but red if anybody wants one now.

racer66
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Kintec only has white and yellow. Thank you for the tip. I was able to get a yellow UL-1 from Graves R/C:banana:

Tuna
12-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I also have one on back order with Tower. I think I will wait just to make sure that I get the upgrades.Its cold here in Pa.no hurry right now.