PDA

View Full Version : motor help.

greenblast
08-22-2007, 09:35 PM
bofore i ask . i dont know you doozie . but i wish you well!! and i hope the horse had insurance! i have ran boat approx 6 to 10 times with no heat at all . i was prepping for tomorrows run .when testing.motor did nothing. the motor spins free the conn. are good. its a graup 6 can i open end bell and if so can i play with timing?

NorthernBoater
08-22-2007, 10:00 PM
What do you mean the motor did nothing? I assume you tested it out of the water. I would just leave the timing alone for your first run and see how that works first. The motors will get much warmer in a boat than in a car. I have not run that motor so I would not be able to say what timing is good for it.

Steven Vaccaro
08-23-2007, 07:08 AM
It doesn't sound like a motor problem. Check all your wires and radio. Does the steering work? If yes, try switching the servo leads to the receiver to test the received. The steering on the transmitter should now control the motor and vise versa. if the trigger doesn't move the steering servo, its a receiver problem, most likely.

greenblast
08-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I should have told you more . rec is working fine.i have full voltage at esc. at wot. motor does nothing when connected directly to battery. im getting power to tabs. but not response from motor it spins freely by hand. i am running small prop nothing is even warm esc and motor are watercooled.

Steven Vaccaro
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Can you inspect the brushes?

Doozie870
08-23-2007, 09:52 AM
You could try to spin it by hand while direct connected to a battery, lower voltage is fine, (NO PROP) to see if it would get passed the dead spot. There is not to much that is servicable on those, she may be done.. as far as timing goes I wouldnt waste my time with it, by the time you advance it enough to get real power the esc's start blowing from feedback. It does work good for counter rotating applications though. I have tons of 9.6-14.4 volt 600 size motors that are collecting dust, pay shipping and there yours.

greenblast
08-23-2007, 08:23 PM
doozie I would love to pay shipping for any of your scraps lol.if its toast what went wrong? i t was going great .

Doozie870
08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Not sure on that one, Ive burned up 7s and 8s to past recognition lol and they still attepted to run, maybe dissect it, you may find one of the brush holders has come loose. Ill send you a pm.

greenblast
08-30-2007, 10:29 PM
i managed to open endbell not an easy task thanks.and found it is brush problem . the brush came loose from holder .it still seems to be intact can i put this back.or replace it? or did i smoke brushes?i had a bad crash prior to problem. is six runs the end of the road for graup 6 on 10c with x438.if prop is to big why does motor feel cool. is brush cooling better than a jacket or is both better.any advise is much apreciated.

Doozie870
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
I would just keep it for parts, if you had 6 or 7 runs before this happened and the motor was cool I would suspect the set up is ok, if your going into real long runtimes I would do the brush coolers first, can second, keep in mind that neither one will save the motor if its way overloaded.

Doug Smock
09-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I would just keep it for parts, if you had 6 or 7 runs before this happened and the motor was cool I would suspect the set up is ok, if your going into real long runtimes I would do the brush coolers first, can second, keep in mind that neither one will save the motor if its way overloaded.

:iagree: How are you feeling Doozman??

Doozie870
09-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Feeling good, bored out of my mind.

greenblast
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Doozie you da man!:buttrock: thank you once again. i just sent you paypal to cover the difference for shipping hopfully enough left over for some beer.i dont know if the motors was a good thing or not cause now i am looking at hulls and esc etc cause i already have a motor.lol thanks again and i can say i have had nothing but great exp. and advise from you all even if i am to dumb to listen.