PDA

View Full Version : Replacemt motors for the E.K.O.S.???

forescott
11-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Since having issues with both of my ekos motors I am quickly becoming interested in replacing them with something more reliable. Any ideas for a replacement motor that will fit the hull without modification of the motor mounts. I am interested in the feigao 380 series, but read that they are only good for 3s lipo, and would like the option of running 4s with a lower kv rating than the stock ekos motors. Any suggestions?? :help:

Tuslow1
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I'd really like to know what motors would be a likely drop-in replacement aswell. As of now everybody's EKOS is the same but if the 380's are a direct bolt in, EKOS specs are about to change radically!!!! I was told that the venom motors have their own bolt pattern but Steven is the man with the parts to know if the Feigao's will drop in or if some drilling needs to be done.:tiphat:

Rumdog
11-22-2009, 03:23 PM
The amount of voltage they can handle depends on the kv rating of the motor.

Tuslow1
11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I hate to be a bugaboo...... buttttttttt,
I know it's asking alot but could someone check and see if a 380 will bolt right up to the installed mounts?:help:

Brushless55
11-25-2009, 12:08 AM
I sold mine, but the stock motors are 380s so you should have no issue with new 380s of your choice