PDA

View Full Version : NiMh

BHChieftain
11-21-2009, 10:56 PM
How does KOS do on NiMh vs. Lipo? What's the top speed?
-Chief

Doby
11-22-2009, 09:34 AM
No Idea, but good quality LiPos are now cheaper than NiMh's (which soon going to be a dead technology).

Why waste money on something that is basically dead when you can get better for less?

BHChieftain
11-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I happen to have a nice nimh charger, but it isn't rated for lipos, so that is one reason. I'm also a bit concerned about the safety/stability of lipos.

Any other benefits of nimh over lipo to consider, or should I just make the leap?

-Chief

nomobux
11-22-2009, 11:23 AM
I happen to have a nice nimh charger, but it isn't rated for lipos, so that is one reason. I'm also a bit concerned about the safety/stability of lipos.

Any other benefits of nimh over lipo to consider, or should I just make the leap?

-Chief

I had the same concerns. I did alot of reading everywhere. I made the leap and they are fantastic. Just pay att when charging and storing and no probs.

forescott
11-22-2009, 11:32 AM
When I got my ekos, I bought a pair of 4600mah intellect 9-cell 10.8 volt packs for the same reasons. However I sent them back because the cell configuration would not let me close the hatch all the way, and they seemed really heavy. I would try a pair of decent 8-cell (hump style) 9.6 volt packs and see how you like them. Check out fastrcbatteries.com. I have had good luck with their packs.

RCprince
11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
why waste the money? lipos are the way to go, unless you need ballast.