PDA

View Full Version : What a run!!

SweetZ28
11-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Well my brushless apache 24 worked and handeled the waves from the windy weather like a charm! Did a few little wave jumps but when running i was suprized for how fast it goes now it handels like a beauty!!

I figured i can do 8 min runs with the 3s 3000 packs without lipo cut off kicking in but i decided to do 7min runs and the packs would stay under 120deg and the motor under 100deg and esc like 79deg...it was well worth all the time and testing i put into this thing as now it is one wicked FUN boat to run.... I maybe even try a 1 to 2 MM bigger prop for the hell of it!!:laugh:

Diesel6401
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Well my brushless apache 24 worked and handeled the waves from the windy weather like a charm! Did a few little wave jumps but when running i was suprized for how fast it goes now it handels like a beauty!!

I figured i can do 8 min runs with the 3s 3000 packs without lipo cut off kicking in but i decided to do 7min runs and the packs would stay under 120deg and the motor under 100deg and esc like 79deg...it was well worth all the time and testing i put into this thing as now it is one wicked FUN boat to run.... I maybe even try a 1 to 2 MM bigger prop for the hell of it!!:laugh:

Glad to hear you got everything working right :thumbup:. I know you where having some trials and errors with it. So may I ask what was the winning combination for this thing? ESC, MOTOR, PROP etc... Just curious

SweetZ28
12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Glad to hear you got everything working right :thumbup:. I know you where having some trials and errors with it. So may I ask what was the winning combination for this thing? ESC, MOTOR, PROP etc... Just curious

Hi thanks the thing i needed was to go up on the lipo to 3s and use a smaller prop the big prop and 2s lipo just never could get up to a good speed... probably would need a 37 to 4000KV motor to run only on 2s lipos.