PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Etti 150

Philmunsterman
11-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey Guys, I have a DF 29 with a 8XL that I'm trying to run on 4S 2P with a x440 prop. I have the program info and I think I have it set up right. But as soon as I start to throtle up it cuts out, I can only run at about 1/4 throtle. If I change the lipo mode to 2S and use 2S 1p it runs great ( but slow ). Does anyone know enough about the programing to walk me through it. What could I be doing wrong ? If anyone has any ideas please give me a call 314-258-5436. I would love to get it right tonight, I'm going to the lake tomorrow!! Thanks Phil

Jeff Wohlt
11-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Go to the bottom of this page and see if it helps you. Anyone owning an etti should watch this.

http://www.rcraceboat.com/rcraceboatesc.html

Steven Vaccaro
11-20-2009, 11:35 PM
A customer of mine did this great video. I asked him permission to use it, he said I could, so here goes.

JMGQ5adSIV8

sailr
11-20-2009, 11:35 PM
If the Etti has an "Auto Lipo" selection, use it. Let it decide how many cells you have. I know with the Seaking 180 that seems to be the solution to the exact same problem you are having.

tth
11-20-2009, 11:58 PM
The Etti has no Auto Detect all settings have to be manually programmed. I have been trying to help Phil with this issue. I already instructed him to watch the programming video and believe it helped. With the Etti set to 4s cutoff he said he gets about 1/8 throttle then it cuts out. When he re-programmed the ESC to 2s runs 2s2p it works. I would try to run the packs in series to get 4s but leave the ESC in 2s lipo cutoff mode to see if it will run or if it will cut out when you give it full throttle. Just don't run your boat more than a couple straight runs.

Philmunsterman
11-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Tracy, I'll give that a try. Phil

tth
11-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Call me and let me know how she runs. If anyone else has any ideas please chime in.

bustitup
11-21-2009, 09:23 AM
A customer of mine did this great video. I asked him permission to use it, he said I could, so here goes.

JMGQ5adSIV8

this guy sounds like he's down in the basement and his wife is sleeping:tape:

Steven Vaccaro
11-21-2009, 12:09 PM
If all else fails give Dee an email.

jcald2000
11-21-2009, 02:46 PM
ALMOST SOUND LIKE THE BATTERY VOLTAGE UNDER LOAD AND TRIPING THE 4S CUTOFF VOLTAGE. Try different packs?

Philmunsterman
11-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Well I tried again and no luck. The packs are good and taking a full charge. Trying the 2s setting with 4s did the same thing. I might just try another esc. Any other ideas are welcome ???

Philmunsterman
11-21-2009, 04:44 PM
What is Dee's email ?

tth
11-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Here is Dee's homepage "Contact Us" link.

http://www.etti.com.hk/contact_us.php (http://www.etti.com.hk/contact_us.php)

Philmunsterman
11-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Tracy, I sent him an email. Maybe he wil have a few ideas. I checked a few local hobbie shops and no luck finding another esc to swap into it.

tth
11-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Send it back to me and I will ship you the HiModel 200a 4s-8s if you would like? In the meantime if I get your Etti to work I can contact you and we can go from there? LMK

Dee
11-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Phil,

According to your provided information, the esc should not have any problem because you could run the ESC with 2S Lipo successfully.

I think the problem was caused by the battery contacts or one of the Lipo cell has problem!

For solving this problem,
I suggest you solder the motor wires with the ESC’s directly;
Use bigger size battery connector (such as 5.5mm or 6mm connector) for connecting the battery packs with the ESC;
Check all connectors once again and solder them properly!
Try to connect another new 4S2P lipo with the ESC and see dose it work?

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Dee ^_^

tth
11-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks Dee for the reply. I am also trying to help Phil. Do you really think it could be a dead cell being that he charged the packs and everything is charging fine.

Dee
11-21-2009, 09:41 PM
If the lipo cell was confirmed as dead, it could not be charged fine.

Thanks Dee for the reply. I am also trying to help Phil. Do you really think it could be a dead cell being that he charged the packs and everything is charging fine.

tth
11-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Dee I will have a look at all the parts in question.

tanasit
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I also think it has to be somewhere between the batteries and the ESC. Most likely one of the cell or more that can not deliver the HIGH amp required. I will also take a closer look at the connectors betwen the cells, normaly they are either the thin metal strips or in case of 3 or more cell pack, you will find a very thin metal strips glued onto the little cricuit board connecting the cells in series. I had these strips burnt out before and since then I removed the pack covers and replaced the strips with short heavy gauge wires.

Even though the pack can be charged fine, it doesn't mean that the pack is healthy.

ETTI has a section where you can program it for NiCd or NiMH and there is NO cutoff, which you can just try this out for experimenting with your suspicious packs but should NOT be used regularly with the lipo packs though.

Philmunsterman
11-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I understand what your saying but I have 2sets of lipos that I have tried and I get the same result. I did try the no LV cut off mode and same result. Thanks for allthe good ideas. Phil