PDA

View Full Version : Fe bloopers,blunders,dumb things

RIPFENCE
11-20-2009, 06:16 PM
HI ALL,

I LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO DUMB THINGS WITH THEIR EQUIPMENT. IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF WHEN I MANAGE TO BLOW UP ESC'S (NOOB) OR DRIVE MY BOAT INTO THE BEACH...THE ONLY PROBLEM IS IS THAT IT GETS EXPENSIVE REAL QUICK. WHEN I WAS 12 MY MOTHER WAS WADING IN THE LAKE AND I TOOK MY FLAMBOYANTLY PAINTED ELECTRO VEE (PURPLE AND TEAL STRIPES) AND RAMMED IT INTO HER BACK FULL BORE..LETS JUST SAY IT LEFT A MARK..MY BOAT WAS TAKEN AWAY AND I NEVER HAD ANOTHER BOAT UNTIL RECENTLY..ANY VIDS OR PICS OF BLOOPERS WOULD BE FUNNY....ANY TAKERS?:roflol::lol:

Diegoboy
11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Here's one of mine

KvyfOO7w9xo

RIPFENCE
11-20-2009, 07:22 PM
ahahaaha...:banana: that is great...i am feeling better already:w00t: intersting way of sanding the bottom of the hull for less surface tension

egneg
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I have plenty of bloopers - luckily none of them are documented! :o

ozzie-crawl
11-20-2009, 08:15 PM
everyone makes blunders now and then, but some times its real fun just testing gear to see how far you can push it till it blows
if you know your gears limits it makes it easy to setup something reasonably fast and reliable.
i reckon most of us a glad some of our blunders are not on video
one of my best ones would be, i was watching someone elses boat go out of control and having a chuckle to myself and totally forgot my boat that was doing a good 50 mph and hit the bank and got airborne :doh:

RIPFENCE
11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I ran my df 29 into a flock of canada geese that were gathered...i could not resist it was devilishly fun..they were suprised that my df was flying along with them...no geese were injured for any p.e.t.a members here

egneg
11-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I forgot about this one ...

REQ-jRobmqU

winner
11-20-2009, 08:49 PM
ehh... no vid but bad mental images...

i was working on my t-maxx and realized that my servo for my speed control was acting up, i reach into my spare box of crap and pull out an old megatech servo (they were a p.o.s.!) i figured what the hell, i'll give it a chance... i was out running, went through 2 tanks of gas everything is just fine, so i refill it again, but then the damn servo lock up at full speed! i was in a spot where i could not turn with out flipping over so i kept going straight hopping sumthing would nudge it so it would work.. nope. it ran out of range and went insane, almost ended with it hitting the curb at 55+ mph getting aireborne and hitting a tree, but thats not all, it hit a curb and went through a neighbors window.. it was a extremly expensive afternoon...

RIPFENCE
11-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Ahahaah...speedbumps are not allowed on water..

Gary
11-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Egneg....That was funny as hell !!! I laughed to myself at that one especialy the oops at the end.

ozzie-crawl
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
not sure if this counts but my mate was having ago of my DF mono for the first time, didnt have the video camera handy so just used camera phone (poor qaulity). he dodges somthing in the water but from my angle i thought it was bye bye mono
QrL1ligv9gc

tiqueman
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Egneg, that was great!

About 10 years ago a friend and I were running are gas boats off of another friends boat dock in a somewhat shallow bayou. I turned a few laps and was wondering why he wasnt joing in on the fun. Having problems starting, I brought mine in and shut it down and helped him out. We got it fired up and I walked down to the end of the dock (about 20 feet away) launched his boat which had a clutch and then went to the shoreline to get my boat and fire it back up. I got about half there and heard a "kerplunk" and didnt really thing anything of it. I fired my boat up, took off and his boat was still just off the dock. I walked up to him and said "whats up?" He says, "My boat wont go!" I replied with, "Hmm whats it doin?" His response was classic... "Well, I think its a receiver issues... probably because my controller is somewhere on the bottom." The way he said it was priceless. I still laugh histarically when we talk about it.

Jesse J
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Here is one of the times I learned the reality of magic smoke.

Titan 29, BJ motor/esc (high timing), X445.... 6S :eek:

jKvtLTtw-Js

Ub Hauled
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
I once was testing one of m boats and I was so anxious to try it out that I closed the hatch and forgot to stick the antenna out through the fitting... needless to say that it worked for a couple of seconds then once I was on the back straight I lost range and became the co-pilot... she hit the side wall which is on an angle and jumped out of the casting pond, over a bench and into some bushes... then the motor stopped.
It did not stop because something unplugged or broke, since when I got in range again she worked... needless to say that I had a few scratches on her bottom side and had to re-glue a servo in place...
I had to laugh really hard, but only after seeing her in one piece.
LOL

Efis
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
When I was first getting into fe boats I was unplugging a Deans connector and both poles touched onto my wedding band. Anybody else have those two black dots on their rings?

Blake