PDA

View Full Version : How to put a youtube video in a thread.

Steven Vaccaro
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
To embed or see a video within a post, TRY the following.

First upload your video to www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com)

than on the right side of the youtube video page you will find a box marked "url". Copy the text in the field.

For example it will look like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNKBuz1MaQ

Then copy everything after the "watch?v=".
So in the above example we will use 2pNKBuz1MaQ

Then type the following but use yt instead of xx
insert what you copied above

So in the above example we will have this
2pNKBuz1MaQ

And if all goes right you will see the video below.
2pNKBuz1MaQ

Steven Vaccaro
11-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Ok, now I need a cool short rc boat video to use above, instead of that 6 minute one. Anyone have any suggestions?

egneg
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Like this?

vbXlsTi0DG4

Edit: Here it is in real time - all 4 seconds!

Steven Vaccaro
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Like this?

AMelS7V4_3M

I like it, do you happen to have it in full speed? Reason I ask is some new people may think its not working right if they see it in slow motion.

Jeff Wohlt
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
THANKS, I HAD TRIED THAT AND IT WOULD NOT GO. i WILL REVIEW WHAT i DID. i EMBEEDED IT TO MY SITE AND NO PROBLEMS BUT FIGURED IT WAS BLOCKED FROM HERE. lOOKS LIKE IT WORKS FINE.

Sorry for the caps but not going to retype

RCprince
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Your the Man Steve!

Steven Vaccaro
11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
THANKS, I HAD TRIED THAT AND IT WOULD NOT GO. i WILL REVIEW WHAT i DID. i EMBEEDED IT TO MY SITE AND NO PROBLEMS BUT FIGURED IT WAS BLOCKED FROM HERE. lOOKS LIKE IT WORKS FINE.

Sorry for the caps but not going to retype

Jeff they are two different processes. Take a re-read on how it needs to be done in the forum and you will find its much different than a website.

tth
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks for allowing us to use the Embed feature.

Steven Vaccaro
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Its really not so much a vb feature, more of a programing change that I didnt know was possible. I thought at first I needed to update the vb forum. But I found some info while surfing on how to allow it. vb forums do all kinds of cool stuff, problem is that its all "Greek" to me. lol

detox
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Cool ! Here's my Phil Thomas SS21 first time out. It's running nose heavy. Prop was bouncing a little.
xmRzexgVCwA

Trea916
09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
PLe13Wo7u2o

Brushless55
12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't get how to post having a picture of the video rather than showing a link you need to click on...?

Steven Vaccaro
12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
this is actually old and no longer correct.

Now its easier. Just look at the icons when you post, there is a small one that looks like a old film.

Click it and it will pop open a window with directions.

May Liu
05-30-2013, 10:33 PM
what a pity! I even cant get into WWW.YOUTUBE.COM:sinking-guy:

tlandauer
05-30-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't know what the fuss is all about? Getting a link or getting a picture of the clip is the same thing, who ever wants to watch would have to click, either on the picture or on the link.
First you need to upload to you tube, that's how I did it. Then copy the link and paste it here .
Again, am I missing something as usual?
Your YOUTUBE link doesn't work, try lower case. www.youtube.com

May Liu
05-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I don't know what the fuss is all about? Getting a link or getting a picture of the clip is the same thing, who ever wants to watch would have to click, either on the picture or on the link.
First you need to upload to you tube, that's how I did it. Then copy the link and paste it here .
Again, am I missing something as usual?
Your YOUTUBE link doesn't work, try lower case. www.youtube.com
Hi tlandauer, thanks for your suggestion. I think may be the IP problem, because I typed and copied both link, youtube is restricted here.

tlandauer
05-31-2013, 01:25 AM
I am sorry that you have restriction with YouTube, it is sometimes easy to take freedom for granted. I apologize to you if I came across as being insensitive.

May Liu
05-31-2013, 01:43 AM
Dont be, I appreciate your enthusiasm:thumbup:!

tlandauer
05-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Dont be, I appreciate your enthusiasm:thumbup:!
Welcome ( 欢迎) and I hope you will be here on the Forum frequently!
:beerchug:

May Liu
05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
:bounce:I am so excited that you understand Chinese. I am newbie of Forum and RC boat, and speak poor English, we just call it Chinglish.

tlandauer
05-31-2013, 02:00 AM
:bounce:I am so excited that you understand Chinese. I am newbie of Forum and RC boat, and speak poor English, we just call it Chinglish.
Your English is really excellent! Yes, I know about Chinglish, but overall the level of English in China is very good. Years ago I went to Japan and I expected the English level to be very high, to my surprise at least the conversational ability was just about the same. ( as in China)
Which part of China is GD, is it Guangdong province? Land of all ESC and brushless motors! :lol:

May Liu
05-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Your English is really excellent! Yes, I know about Chinglish, but overall the level of English in China is very good. Years ago I went to Japan and I expected the English level to be very high, to my surprise at least the conversational ability was just about the same. ( as in China)
Which part of China is GD, is it Guangdong province? Land of all ESC and brushless motors! :lol:
Haha, I have been to Japan last year, to attend my friend's wedding. When I asked some questions of their products in the shop there, nobody understood me. I am not sure whose problem it was. myslef or the saleslady? or both of us?
Yes, I'm from Guangzhou city, Guangdong province. There are 1-2 factories producing good ESC and motors. It seems that you really know China very well.

tlandauer
05-31-2013, 03:08 AM
Haha, I have been to Japan last year, to attend my friend's wedding. When I asked some questions of their products in the shop there, nobody understood me. I am not sure whose problem it was. myslef or the saleslady? or both of us?
Yes, I'm from Guangzhou city, Guangdong province. There are 1-2 factories producing good ESC and motors. It seems that you really know China very well. :spy: :lol:
Anyway, I just noticed that this is a sticky, I am not sure if it's like a normal thread, this serves as a tutorial post. This is more like a notice board, I am sure we can start another post if you have any questions in general.
I thought 深圳 ( Shen Zhen) is the place for most of the RC Hobby factories , hard to imagine all those brands are in one place.:w00t:

May Liu
05-31-2013, 04:04 AM
:tongue_smilie:shame....

Monica Smith
07-01-2013, 02:24 AM
I think the "YOUTUBE" just bans the IP comes from China!:flashfire: