PDA

View Full Version : Norbert's insane Hpr 233 up in smoke. Whole video.

Eggy
11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
The vid of Norbert's HPR 233 going up in smoke is now out.

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/cd32e65c7cce78db4897/Die-1te-und-letzte-Fahrt-eines-Modellbautraums

Also here is the thread:
http://www.rc-raceboats-world.de/forum/showthread.php?p=86057#post86057

Could anybody translate some of the things said by Norbert in the thread

Doby
11-09-2009, 06:56 PM
That will buff right out..................

Jesse J
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
ya, just a minor set back...

screwball
11-09-2009, 07:02 PM
wow! i was speachless when i saw the fire and the amount of smoke atlthough at the end of the vid you can hear arnold say "ill be back!"

cant wait for the rebuild, Maybe?

Jesse J
11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
I like the comment by the filmer... "schizer" as the first puffs follow the sharp loss of powah.

Doby
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
:rofl:We all know what that means in English...........................:rofl:

Raydee
11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
All I can say is I counted 132 Lipo cells!! WOWOWOWOW

Eggy
11-09-2009, 07:22 PM
The report from Schulze Elektronik GmbH has also been made.

This is translated by babel fish:

During the construction of the future-40.300 this was tested beside smaller engines also at 14s LiPos with 15Ah and a Plettenberg Predator 37-6 with 3-Blatt propeller with occasionally even over 300 A permanent current. Continuous full power or half throttle enterprise, start/stop enterprise etc. were completed perfectly and thus the sale was released.

Therefore we could not explain ourselves the loss in the 233er first to we the possibility had, which " Reste" to examine the 233er.

With the enterprise with the Lehner 3060/7 we had found the problem after some series of measurements: Anti-lightning protection was semiconducting opened with the enterprise. In other words is called: ALL Abblock condensers were more or less strongly uncoupled by the service section and could not protect this no more!

A nuclear chain reaction was set on: Because the anti- lightning FETs was steered into the semiconducting enterprise, these became too hot and caused a complete short-circuit over all FET Anschlussbeine. This short-circuit in the anti- lightning FETs overloaded then the internal power pack 40,300 which among other things driving Eric for the final stages supplied. Thus the final stage FETs of the three engine phases was not also more duly headed for. The final stages FETs made now also a short-circuit and caused thereby a short-circuit over the current supply (Akkupacks).

Since this problem with our smaller future-xl-40.160 in connection with the Lehner the 3060/7 for quite some time at the market present was - had switched off except this only because of overloading later - could the problem does not admit us only because of stray effects into the longer heading for conductive strip to anti-lightning FETs on (mechanically larger) 40,300 be.

Why the destructive effect arose not at the aircraft engine, but only at the boat engine with light gas impacts, we could in the long run also clarify: The generator tension of the boat engines is smaller at low number of revolutions than with the aircraft engines, so that it came to not optimal commutations with high current peaks, which caused the descriptive stray effects.

A changed commutation software which the specific peculiarities of the engines with low rotating speeds better considered and an uncoupling of the select line anti-lightning FETs with a wide screen and RC elements the problem effectively eliminated

During the test trips the boat was equipped with two LMT 3060/7 engines with four 10s joined in parallel each 5000 mAh (i.e. twice 10s with 20 ah) and Carbon60 steel castings. Enclosed still two left to the test trips on 30 AUGUST 2009:

http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.de/videos/Kulmus233/Anfahr-Tests.AVI

http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.de/videos/Kulmus233/Power-Tests.AVI

We apologize hereby again from all users concerned for the incommodities. Who dispatched us the 40,300 not yet to the change on the hardware/firmware version 3 should these - to avoid around damage - in no case in enterprise takes separates us these to the change to dispatch.

Yours sincerely
Matthias Schulze
Schulze electronics GmbH

NitroVal
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Dang, I wonder how the hull held up to all that heat?

Ub Hauled
11-09-2009, 10:06 PM
For those who were skeptical about the lipo explosions...
I think this proves that lipos are a bit safer then we all thought (including me),
it seems it was a massive burn down but not even flames... that makes me that
much more safer while using lipos, not that I wasn't before.
Like I posted b4 somewhere, I hope Schulze gives the man new equipment and hull....
I also like the honesty that came from Schulze, thanks for that.
:tiphat:

befu
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
man, looked great when running. you know what they say, play with the big boys!! That is WAAAYYYYYYY out of my league.

Couple of things though:

One, after hearing a few of the bang reports and vids, I wear safety glasses when dealing with my 2s and 3s - 2200mAhr boats! lets see, here he is hooking up something close to a nuclear reactor with his face almost in the boat!

Maybe some of his friends could pitch in and get a better retrieval raft! I am surprised at how well it worked though! Kept expecting it to swamp or flip!

I will say, the insides of his boats are perfect. Very nice.

Brian

Jesse J
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
safety gear... yes, I think a nuclear respirator would be a good idea when taking that hatch off!

Seriously, if you ever see puff of smoke, be ware of the flash fire that can occur (and has to me several times) when you remove the hatch and introduce the oxygen, being that it was used up inside. Not exactly explosive, but flash fire is not a good thing - nor the chemical-laden smoke that comes out of the ESC/batts. Take kare when playing! you never know when what might happen.

Ub Hauled
11-09-2009, 10:33 PM
ALWAYS!
One always has to be safe when manipulating RC anything... they can always burn, cut, slice or any combination of the mentioned...

NitroVal
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
IIRC- lithium makes its own catalyst and will burn without the presence of oxygen

Xcesive8
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow thats alot of smoke!

Im sure i will stand to be corrected here, and thats kinda what im hoping for..

Why is it that when they opened it up they just let in magic smoke away?
Where was the fire extinguisher? Or why not atleast try to save the hull and submerge it in the lake?

:help:

Steven Vaccaro
11-10-2009, 12:16 AM
That video brings tears to my eyes......

Eggy
11-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Here is another video.

http://www.rbc-allgaeu.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=82

This one show's the whole opening of the boat after the big puff.
Yet again brings tears to my eyes.

The new report from Norbert also makes me hope for more:

As conclusion to your contributions I would like to again thank you for your sympathy. This life raft fulfilled for years always good services and is out-looked more surely than it in the video.
As fast and like near one a model boat with such malfunctions approaches is incumbent on everyone. Finally the experiences with different cell types go as well known apart during short-circuit contacting. Fact is the Lipo Akku´s to delete leaves itself, against the manufacturer recommendations.
The total loss was mutually solved. Instead of going into the details here now it's more important for me to mention, which gives it a new HPR to 233 with adapted technical conditions and which Schulze Future XXL 40,300 is again available.
In November 2009 the building of the trunk and 2011 begins is planned the First journey. Greeting Norbert

Ub Hauled
11-10-2009, 05:31 AM
He has heart... I'll give him that...
GO NORBERT!!!