PDA

View Full Version : Any Southern California FE boat clubs?

questtek
11-06-2009, 09:56 AM
I am trying to locate club(s) in the south Orange County area of California. If any one has any information on such a club please let me know. Thanks, Joe

Bill-SOCAL
11-06-2009, 10:23 AM
There is a "club" of sorts but we only have 3 or 4 members. We run at Legg Lake in South El Monte just south of the 60 freeway off Rosemead (SW of the 605/60 interchange). You need to be a NAMBA member to run there.

The FE action here in SOCAL is very limited. I have several FE boats but run mostly gasoline now since there are LOTS of gas races and only 1 or 2 FE races within any kind of reasonable drive.

This weekend at Legg we are having a SAWS meet, mixed power - FE/gas/nitro.

There are very few ponds in Orange County where you can run, but there are a few guys who do so, but not as a club or in any kind of organized manner.

Legg Lake is the main place.

"Properchopper" on this forum is the main FE guy around. He will be at Legg this weekend as will a few other FE guys. Come on out and take a look.

PM me with your email and I can give you more info. Directions to Legg, etc.

ODIE105
06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
hi, im off the 15 freeway as well and looking for a club too

ODIE105
06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
how do i post a new thread

Ub Hauled
06-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Bill, Questek is Joe, we have been to his place which has a lake
and I believe he knows about our "club",
regardless, thanks for posting...

questtek
06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Bill, Questek is Joe, we have been to his place which has a lake
and I believe he knows about our "club",
regardless, thanks for posting...

I am now up in Vancouver and will be here for another week or so. When I get back to SoCa. perhaps we can have another informal run day at the lake in front of my house. I know MarkF wants to do more testing on the Insane Hydro and FE wantabee always has something new to test. Perhaps we can even arrange another great race chrash between him and properchopper! I will keep everyone posted.

Ub Hauled
06-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I am in if no household schedules conflict...
I hear Canada is beautiful his time of year...
See ya soon Joe

FE Wannabe
06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey Joe/ Jan,

I vote for Friday June 18 or Saturday June 19 if those days work for either of you. I know Sunday June 20th is Father's Day so I figured that day was probably already tied up with other activities.
Hopefully, I will not be positioning any of my boats as launch ramps this time! :crying:
I almost have the all the repairs done on it now.
Let me know guys.

Brad