PDA

View Full Version : New Airtronics

bigwaveohs
11-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Has anyone tried the new Airtronics MX-3 Sport 2.4GHz FHSS-2? It has a longer receiver antenna and it looks like it uses 8-AA's. They claim a range of up to 1000 ft. It sells for $99 at Tower.

westbeach
11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I have heard nothing but positive things about Airtronics!

sailr
11-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I have been using Airtronics (sanwa) since the 1970's. I have had every other brand of radio over the years. The Airtronics, bar none, is the most reliable of all. I have NEVER had a glitch from an Airtronics. Can't say the same for the other brands.

sailr
11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
where did you see a picture of it? Tower's site says Photo Coming Soon and there is no description. Sounds like a heck of a deal. I have two of the Airtronics 2.4's and they're great. Problem is the receivers are too expensive. I'm now using all Tactic radios with $25 receivers. They work great!

BakedMopar
11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I posted about the Airtronics in another thread here (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=10958). It has a scaned pic of it there. I have always used Airtronics and still do. I used them because they were the only ones to offer left handed radios for a long time.

bigwaveohs
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
where did you see a picture of it? Tower's site says Photo Coming Soon and there is no description. Sounds like a heck of a deal. I have two of the Airtronics 2.4's and they're great. Problem is the receivers are too expensive. I'm now using all Tactic radios with $25 receivers. They work great!

Several websites claim to have them in stock...

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751548.asp

and the receivers cost less than the Futaba 2.4's...

steveo
11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
i just got one and it works great, but i have a problem with mine it seems like there not enough reverse throw and i cant set up my castle mamba monster with this controller , but i can use my airtronics fm mx3 and set up with that, i may have to send it back to get recalibrated

i am not steering you away its a great radio, but mine has an issue, my mx3 had range issues but this radio does not

bigwaveohs
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
i just got one and it works great, but i have a problem with mine it seems like there not enough reverse throw and i cant set up my castle mamba monster with this controller , but i can use my airtronics fm mx3 and set up with that, i may have to send it back to get recalibrated

i am not steering you away its a great radio, but mine has an issue, my mx3 had range issues but this radio does not
Steveo,
Thanks for the feedback...I'll keep it in mind.