PDA

View Full Version : fastech or bj26?

p.swiggs
11-05-2009, 12:01 AM
im debating on which one to get. i know i will be runninin in pretty rough water but also gloss water.
any answers?
whats faster?

bwells
11-05-2009, 12:12 AM
A mono will handle both water conditions whereas a cat won't. I think a cat would be faster on glass due to the minimal ride plate. Disclaimer: In my opinion!

LiPo Power
11-05-2009, 12:52 AM
im debating on which one to get. i know i will be runninin in pretty rough water but also gloss water.
any answers?
whats faster?

look respond under bj thread....

bwells
11-05-2009, 01:21 AM
What? Don't hammer the guy. Was this not the correct forum to do his thread or are you saying there is answers to his question in the BJ thread?

LiPo Power
11-05-2009, 01:24 AM
What? Don't hammer the guy. Was this not the correct forum to do his thread or are you saying there is answers to his question in the BJ thread?

bwells, relax....
I have respond for him for the same quastion he has under the BJ thread.

bwells
11-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Okay, I see that, My mistake

p.swiggs
11-05-2009, 01:26 AM
first off all "BWELLS",the point im trying to make is if anyone likes the bj or the fastech more. maybe some has a bj in this forum that could tell me.i posted the same thing in the other forum to so i could get answers from either one.

p.swiggs
11-05-2009, 01:29 AM
sorry bwells i was saying that to lipo power

LiPo Power
11-05-2009, 01:33 AM
first off all "BWELLS",the point im trying to make is if anyone likes the bj or the fastech more. maybe some has a bj in this forum that could tell me.i posted the same thing in the other forum to so i could get answers from either one.

My opinion:
I like Fastech way better than BJ for the fact that is much better in both water conditions. When you looking to get speed in straight runs or saw runs after upgrades than BJ will give you that.
Lets see other posts anow....

LiPo Power
11-05-2009, 01:38 AM
sorry bwells i was saying that to lipo power

...no worries, its fine to have same post under 2 different subjects. I was just trying to let you know about my respond when I was hummered... :biggrin:

p.swiggs
11-05-2009, 02:06 AM
thanks. so yeah i think im going with the fastech! seems like a great boat.
how is the steerable out drive compared to a surface drive?
pros cons?

Jesse J
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I recon it depends on how much you like to go rescue your boat. I have a Funtech (thanks LipoPower) and have seen the BJ run. If you like to run your boat in chop, even if you will also see calm waters, Fastech. The BJ will need significant mods to get it as stable as possible and the Funtech is pretty much plug and play. If you want a cat, my opinion is that you need to scratch build one or pay for a good hull and set it up yourself - or score one built by someone who has some experience. I am not a fan of the BJ, if you haven't noticed.

p.swiggs
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
i got the fastech! :)
jesse send me some photos mang

LiPo Power
11-05-2009, 11:58 PM
i got the fastech! :)
jesse send me some photos mang

...yeahhh, sent them to me too.... :bowdown:

Unsullied_Spy
11-06-2009, 12:20 AM
I recon it depends on how much you like to go rescue your boat. I have a Funtech (thanks LipoPower) and have seen the BJ run. If you like to run your boat in chop, even if you will also see calm waters, Fastech. The BJ will need significant mods to get it as stable as possible and the Funtech is pretty much plug and play. If you want a cat, my opinion is that you need to scratch build one or pay for a good hull and set it up yourself - or score one built by someone who has some experience. I am not a fan of the BJ, if you haven't noticed.

You have seen Bobby's boat run :ThumbsDown01:

I have to agree, the BJ I've seen was unstable at full throttle on smooth water....

Jesse J
11-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I even offered to tape the hatch, but no "aww, its alright, she's water proof" but second turn and just crossin my wake he flipped her and yep off went the hatch....

two cones skyward (not the kind you are imagining) and wait till it blows to the other side. This was before the Shockwave stalling and same fate...

p.swiggs
11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
thanks for the pics man. pretty sick upgrades. have you finiished the strut yet?