PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cat Racing?

illz302
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both the velocity mono and the velocity cat from minicatracing? If so please share any info including pictures or videos you may have. I am trying to decide between the two and there seems to be pros and cons to both like the mono will have a certain bit of self righting ability but the cat supposedly will handle rough water much easier. But like I said before if anyone has any personal experience with both please share your thoughts!:help:

screwball
10-30-2009, 11:22 PM
i have a mini cat velocity mono and i have had it in up to 1-2 foot waves and it handles great and once you get the battery placement right it self rights every time

old guy
10-30-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a mini cat with a mamba 4700kv on 3sL when you pin it it jumps 20 feet out of the water. It it al lmost to fast to drive lol
Old guy

screwball
10-30-2009, 11:35 PM
even stock its almost too fast to drive lol but as you know too fast is never fast enouph (:

marko500
10-30-2009, 11:59 PM
I have the Velocity Cat and it's a blast! Seems to spend as much time in the air as in the water, it's pretty quick on 3s. I don't use the clear sub hatch but tape down the main hatch and it seems to end up right side up maybe 90% of the time after a flip. Waves don't seem to bother it and it is alot of fun to let people try it out (great to see their smiles while they run it). It's small enough that I leave it in the car so I can run it anywhere when I get a couple of minutes. Well worth the money in my opinion.

illz302
10-31-2009, 01:18 PM
i have a mini cat velocity mono and i have had it in up to 1-2 foot waves and it handles great and once you get the battery placement right it self rights every time

Explain please! Do you have pics of the setup you speak of?

I guess the main reason for leaning towards the mono is the self righting ability

bigwaveohs
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM

I guess the main reason for leaning towards the mono is the self righting ability

I also have the Velocity mono and if you remove the inner clear Lexan hatch and seal the outer cowling with tape, the boat is self-righting after a crash. Place the battery as directed on the port side of the stuffing tube.

I modified the water line and antenna placement to make it easier to tape the outer hatch so it is water tight.

The stock set-up is already at the max hull speed so no need to hop-up...it's plenty fast stock.

Rumdog
11-01-2009, 01:44 PM
The newest version comes with the antenna re-located as well as the cooling tube. And new sharp turn fins! Looks sweet! Have you guys checked out the self rightnig eco hull he sells? Looks like a blast!

bigwaveohs
11-02-2009, 08:05 PM
The newest version comes with the antenna re-located as well as the cooling tube. And new sharp turn fins! Looks sweet! Have you guys checked out the self rightnig eco hull he sells? Looks like a blast!
Looks like Jim liked my mods...

sailr
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
There are pics on the Mini Cat website.
http://minicatracingusa.com/vcat.html
http://minicatracingusa.com/vmono.html

sailr
11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
LOVE your mods. The latest shipment of Velocity Monos include your mods. For now, the Velocity Cats in stock do not include them as they are older stock. When people start buying the cats again, we will commission a new production run and then the cat will include the mods also!

Keep the constructive suggestions coming! We pay attention to our customers and love your feedback. Our goal is to provide the utmost customer satisfaction possible.

Looks like Jim liked my mods...

H2OGO
01-22-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm about to order a Cat, (which don't have latest mods.), so i was wondering if in the near future those who own older versions could upgrade with a retro-fit cover, if MINICATRACING were to make them available as a separate item, fins etc.
:thumbup1:

sailr
01-22-2010, 09:48 PM
We do not have the new fins in stock. Right now they are only available as on the Mono boat. We will be getting in a new shipment of the cats in early March. They will include the mods and the new fins. Until then, the original cats are all is that is in stock. We do not offer just hatches. The hatch had nothing to do with the mods anyway. The mods were on the hull.

The mods only make it easier to tape the hatch. The fins are a tiny bit more efficient. Other than that, the mods have no effect on the performance of the boat.