PDA

View Full Version : Kitchener Pond Fun Run Oct 25 2009

LiPo Power
10-25-2009, 09:23 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

This was fun with fun people, for real!!!

Make sure to check 3D driving at 5.12 min and 5.27 min of the updated video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOiOPI2qvY

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Doby !!!! Please wait a moment. YouTube is still rendering.....

Doby
10-25-2009, 10:36 PM
As usual,,thanks for being our official photographer.

Great vids of the tunnels!!!!!!

Trini
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
How did the new setup work for you Robert?

LiPo Power
10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
How did the new setup work for you Robert?

I was able to get 49.9 MPH, that is 3 more miles faster than my last time. I will try 445 prop if Doby has one. Maybe he will let me GPS my boat on this prop :confused2:
I will have to get him $100.00 bucks for it just like for all other favours :tt2:
We will run one more weekend if weather is ok and than going for few months winter sleep ... :crying:
Thanks for asking
Robert

Trini
10-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Octura M445 cut just the way I showed you will get you where you want to be. Good luck!

Trini

Jesse J
10-25-2009, 11:23 PM
great vid!! must be nice having a group o dudes to go to the lake with and run ALL the classes there are. Dang, whose really fast yellow mono is that?? Looks vaguely familiar... I am sooooo glad you ended up with that boat, she is really having a great life as she deserves.

Have you had to change the set up beyond strengthening the rudder bracket?

LiPo Power
10-25-2009, 11:35 PM
great vid!! must be nice having a group o dudes to go to the lake with and run ALL the classes there are. Dang, whose really fast yellow mono is that?? Looks vaguely familiar... I am sooooo glad you ended up with that boat, she is really having a great life as she deserves.

Have you had to change the set up beyond strengthening the rudder bracket?

CC HV 180, CC BEC, new LiPos and small corrections of the tabs... all the rest is stock original from your pond... Love that boat. Will most likely have one more next summer 29 inch, :rockon2:
Robert

HappyOne
10-26-2009, 12:29 PM
It was a great day! Thanks for keeping the official video log.

LiPo Power
10-27-2009, 12:19 AM
It was a great day! Thanks for keeping the official video log.

:tiphat:

00-Danno
10-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Excellent video Robert!! Thanks :thumbup:

Flying Scotsman
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
I am jealous, great pond ...no looky loos...and some great driving.:canada::canada::canada:

Douggie

LiPo Power
10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
I am jealous, great pond ...no looky loos...and some great driving.:canada::canada::canada:

Douggie

Its Thursday Douggie, put some kind of halloween costume on and start heading with your boats our direction. DOBY's pond is open Saturday and Sunday this weekend :buttrock:
Robert

Flying Scotsman
10-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I do not need a costume, just my natural attributes will suffice...Too far and it will be frozen in a week

Douggie

Gary
10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
How cold is it there Douggie?

Doby
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Its supposed to be around 10 C this Sunday....thats around 45-50 F,,,,keeps the motor and controller temps nice and cool. Last week my UL-1 motor struggled to get above 65 F!!

LiPo Power
10-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Its supposed to be around 10 C this Sunday....thats around 45-50 F,,,,keeps the motor and controller temps nice and cool. Last week my UL-1 motor struggled to get above 65 F!!

Its supposed to be 50F this Sunday, that is exactly 10C, keeps the motor and controller temps nice and cool. Last week my UL-1 motor struggled to get above 18.33C!! ( that is 65F )
:tt2: :tt2: :tt2:

Flying Scotsman
10-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Doby, were you the guy who can not fish and had that crappy looking red tunnel boat? :popcorn2: :banana: :biggrin:

Douggie

Doby
10-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Yup! And the yellow UL-1 that jumped the red one!

While we are at it,,,what the hecks a "looky loos"

Don't think we have those in the civilized part of Kanada,,,,eh????

Flying Scotsman
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Looky Loos are those people that come from Western Kanada and stand right beside you and ask how fast, what did it cost, where can I buy one, whilst you are running. I am not good at multitasking. Kids asking those questions whilst I am running I have a lot of time for, as that is what got me in the hobby

Douggie

Doby
10-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Standard answers;

Costs?=You can't afford it if you have to ask,
How Fast?=Between 0 and full speed.
Where can I buy it?=On the web, theres not that many places to look, its easy.

At our clubs formal race event in Sept. I got interviewed by RCTV for about 1/2 an hour.

At the end, they wanted to get some vid of my Rio 51 running, which they did,,,then near the end of the run, the host asks me to let him run the boat.....yeah ,,,,,right,,,,,here are the controls to my 55 Mph, 20lb Open mono (missle)......he didn't seem to happy when I told him no.

Flying Scotsman
10-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Standard answers;

Costs?=You can't afford it if you have to ask,
How Fast?=Between 0 and full speed.
Where can I buy it?=On the web, theres not that many places to look, its easy.

At our clubs formal race event in Sept. I got interviewed by RCTV for about 1/2 an hour.

At the end, they wanted to get some vid of my Rio 51 running, which they did,,,then near the end of the run, the host asks me to let him run the boat.....yeah ,,,,,right,,,,,here are the controls to my 55 Mph, 20lb Open mono (missle)......he didn't seem to happy when I told him no.

You knew what that twit at RCTV was looking for. I just destroyed a very expensive boat. Do not worry mate our insurance company will look after you, back to Tracy at the weather desk.

Douggie