PDA

View Full Version : WTB: micro cat H&M Drifter or iceberg

befu
10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
This is for a winter project, so figured I should start posting now.

Looking for a micro mystic style cat. The H&M seems better, but would interested in an iceberg from MHZ. I think I would cut it and widen the tunnel on the myz by 1 to 1.25" so help the tendency to roll.

I am looking primarily for a hull only.

Let me know what you have or ideas.

Thank you! Brian

befu
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
OK, after further picture searches and research, I am narrowing this down to looking for a MHZ Iceberg. I am going to be cutting this hull up so would prefer to buy a hull only if someone has a used one to save me a few $$$$!

Thank you, Brian

screwball
11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
just a question, why not but a micro scat cat from bby? their super fun, easy to build and cheap

befu
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Well, I looked at that, but couple of things. The $30 price is awfully nice!

I modified the hatch on my 15" sea rider with closed cell foam, so now it closes, seals and is secure with just one finger nut. I hate taping hatches! I am not into racing, just sport running. So I want to modify the iceberg to have a sealing hatch.

I am going for a certain look also. The iceberg is the closest thing to it without going for a scratch build.

I am an engineer, so I just CANT do things the easy way!!!!

The micro scat is a great boat and I considered it, but it is not 100% what I want.

Brian

just a question, why not but a micro scat cat from bby? their super fun, easy to build and cheap

screwball
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
all good reasons can i ask how you did the mod to make it seal with one nut, if you think its the wrong place just pm it to me, sorry for spamming

befu
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I will add it to the sea rider thread under boat building.

befu
11-18-2009, 11:19 PM
bump up, still looking for an iceberg cat.

Brian