PDA

View Full Version : Mike's PiSTix HELP

soulreaper
10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi Im trying to get Mike's PiSTix to work with my airplane brushless speed controller. I have the Tactic 2.4 gig radio and receiver. The airplane esc is a Hobbywing Platinum 100A esc. The directions seem easy, but I can not get my esc to arm.

Directions: Plug Pistix into throttle channel of receiver. (Done) Plug a servo into the the other end of the Pistix (Done) Next adjust the trim so that a slight pull of the trigger causes the servo to start to move. If pushig the brakes causes the servo to move, reverse the throttle servo travel from your transmitter (Done) Next adjust ATV if your transmitter is so equipped so that you get full travel just before the trigger is fully pulled. Tactic 2.4 gig systems do not have ATV adjustments.

Followed directions just as stated. Kept Pistix plugged into throttle channel, removed servo and plugged esc into the pistix. Turned Radio on and powered up esc. ESC will not arm. Tried several times, and still no luck. Does anyone have Mike's PiSTix? IF so how did you get it to work. My brushless system is all installed in my Rio EP. I need this thing to work so I can test and post results.

Reaper.

Jeff Wohlt
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Make sure your throttle setting are right...as in revesre, etc. I also have one of the old ones and it works but using a futaba I had to do something like that...can't really remeber exactly.

AndyKunz
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Search here for PiStix and you might find the answer.

A while back (spring) somebody else had trouble with a PiStix and a Tactic radio. They sent both to me (I designed the PiStix) and it was just a matter of adjusting the tx a little. I think I posted the "how to" here. It might be over on RCGRoups or RCUniverse, too.

Make sure your ESC will arm WITHOUT the PiStix first. You will need to adjust the reversing so it arms properly. Then insert the PiStix and you should be able to arm with the throttle in the center.

And if all else fails, you can send it to me and we'll go through it again. PM me if you get to that point.

Andy

soulreaper
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks, I will search rcgroups and rcuniverse. Thanks again for your immediate response.

Reaper.

soulreaper
10-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Update. I got my Pistix to work. I had to turn my throttle trim all the way negative. Then reverse the throttle. I then had to turn the radio on and hold full throttle, and plug in the battery into the receiver. Holding full throttle as the esc turned on, let my esc knowwhere high throttle was, and then I let the trigger return to neutral so my esc could learn that neutral was lowest position. Then I unplugged the battery and pluged the Pistix into the receiver and then plugged the esc into the Pistix. I tried to skip using the pistix but I had to repeat the above steps every time I turned on the esc. With the Pistix plugged in everything works fine, Why I dont know. My problem has been solved.

Reaper.