PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie question

forbifor
10-22-2009, 10:39 AM
I ordered a UL-1 from my local hobby shop, Roy's Toys For Big Boys in Bedford, TX about a month ago. None were available from the Distributors and I see none are available anywhere. I'm told they will be available starting in November.

My question is, is the UL-1 being modified/updated in any way? Is this the reason for the gap in availability? I'm just wondering if there are new mods that might have bugs that possibly need to be worked out of the first few production runs...especially for a newbie, or is the same boat going to be produced again with no changes?

Just trying to decide if I should take a delivery of the first runs...if that's what's happening? Thanks,

longballlumber
10-22-2009, 01:01 PM
If your waiting on delivery of a new hull... It will be great. Read the instructions then go run it.!!!

Have fun!

forbifor
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, waiting on hull...actually the entire boat. I've read earlier threads that say problems with the turn fin area were fixed in June. I was just wondering if other things were being fixed...if that's why distributors don't have any right now but will in a few weeks. thx

longballlumber
10-23-2009, 07:54 AM
what other "things" are a problem?

Turn fin area is fixed and the correct parts have been included for the cooling jacket. Other than that everything is A-OK! READ the instruction manual and go have fun!!!!

Later

LarrysDrifter
05-27-2010, 11:17 PM
I saw 2 ul1 boats at a hobby shop in St.Charles,Missouri.It called Mark Twain Hobby Center.I dont know the phone number,but if you were to call information,you could prob.get the #.Also the hobby shop if located on West Clay St. If that helps.Good luck.