PDA

View Full Version : Mark F.'s 10S mono & Bill's gas Cat

properchopper
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Mark & Bill making waves. Plus some other gasser stuff. Soundtrack by the ChainSawMotor Choir. :just-kidding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hezuxx26f9k

Raydee
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Looking good.
What motor is Bill running?

MarkF
10-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Video doesn't work for me.

Mark

properchopper
10-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Mark, I just clicked the link & it opened up.

Bill-SOCAL
10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Looking good.
What motor is Bill running?

The boat is a Gen II Insane cat. Insane hardware on it.

That engine is a Butch the Boatman race modded Zenoah 260 with an Insane Dominator Pro steel pipe.

That was the wrong prop, I was playing around. I normally run a 6717/3 (slightly modded) and the prop in the video was a 7016/2 SS.

I run a round collet drive and a 250ml IV bag just under the front of the engine.

I was also running a stock carb, I have been having some issues and put the box stock carb on it to track down the problem. With the mod carb and correct prop it will be a bit faster. I have not GPS'd this set up so I cannot tell you what it was doing. But it is competitively fast.

Radio is a Futaba 4PK FASST with a 603FF RX. 9157 on steering (430 in-oz of torque) and a 9252 on throttle.

Chilli
10-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Sweeeet!

Bill, we need some video of the twins.

Bill-SOCAL
10-20-2009, 12:33 AM
I'll see what I can do.

properchopper
10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
I'll see what I can do.

Have camera, Will Travel...

[Rumor has it that, in preparation for a video of the twins in action, Bill is practicing driving both boats at once, one transmitter in each hand. For a sneak peek of the first practice session, go to the Institute For Fiberglass Repair website.] [J/K, Bro] :smile:

Chilli
10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Now thats FUNNY!!! :rofl:

properchopper
10-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Sweeeet!

Bill, we need some video of the twins.

Sniper gas ; one of the twins - {I think it's the left one :ohmy: } One thing that can't be evidenced in this vid is how great this boat handles in racewater - rock steady !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8_HW7Derv4

Chilli
10-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank you so much Tony and Bill. :bowdown:Great running boat. Beautiful race site. Can't wait to get mine in the water next year. I appreciate your comment about running in race water Tony. For some reason the Sniper is not very popular among the gassers. They seem to conclude (based on a few videos) that it's a fast hull but won't be able to handle race water. I guess it's the high lift hull. Well thats fine by me!:biggrin: I'll be running stock gas with the new RCMK Evo next year. Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys!

Bill-SOCAL
10-24-2009, 11:08 PM
What Tony missed was the engine seizing about 30 seconds after the end of the video!! Oh well. 2 years old and ran like a champ. Opened it up tonight and it looks to have tossed a ring.

And keep in mind that the orange buoy that you see at each end is the pivot point we use for our turns. The actual turn is a 35 foot radius turn out from that center point, which is why it looks like I am driving wide
It will be back in the water tomorrow with a new engine!!

properchopper
10-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Here's some 10S action from Arizona [WWIV] that I dug up . This was a substitute pond from the normal McKellips venue. Smaller, more reflected waves. Shallower too- these big monos actually sucked up the bottom & turned the water brown !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_tDRYzMpwg&feature=related

Ub Hauled
10-25-2009, 02:34 AM
WOW.. that's what I call "tight quarters"...

Bill-SOCAL
10-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Tony forgot to mention the concrete rip-rap walls. Great fun.

properchopper
10-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Tony forgot to mention the concrete rip-rap walls. Great fun.

Actually I blocked the memory of those, likely because practicing the evening before the OPC race I ran my TS-2 into one of the :tape: walls and turned a sponson into what looked like an exploded croissant :ohmy: [ After an all-night bout with Mr. Bondo, the next day I took 1st in OPC class :biggrin:]

Bill-SOCAL
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
And mystery solved. I had a small crack in one of the water lines (from the head cooling jacket to the cooling on the exhaust flange), just enough to allow the motor to overheat and lost the ring which toasted the motor!!

And I had just checked that the day before. But things get bumped and it must have been bent and there you go. New head, piston, ring, crank, etc. and it wll be as good as new. But now I do not have a back up motor for the 4-day race in Vegas this coming weekend!!

properchopper
10-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Just put a spare exhaust pipe & sound generator on the FE Twin :olleyes: