PDA

View Full Version : Spy Shot of a new Prototype Hull!!!!

longballlumber
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I am surpised no one noticed the picture of Aquacraft's new prototype offshore hull I posted in the Clubs forum.

Grimracer (Mike Z) was nice enough to travel from Ill to race with our MMEU club last weekend. Not only did he give away some small prizes to the winners of a few LSH heat races, he brought Aquacrafts new prototype offshore boat to run in our LSH class (4min heats).

Check it out guys !!!! Cool stuff...

The thread can be found here... http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=2105

Doby
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I already heard about their new offering several months ago from a very reliable source.
Nice to see some pics of it finally.

How did it run?
Any Vid??

Pics of the inside??

I'm surprized that you guys didn't hold Mike Z down on the ground while the rest snapped pics!

Ub Hauled
10-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Looks cute....

RCprince
10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
I guess my vote was also counted for them to make a cat. it's about time.

Grimracer
10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I have been held down by strippers but FE racers.. ewwwww…

I really had a lot of fun racing in LSO. The new boat we are working on is a ground up design. It features drop tub glass work like our UL-1 and uses most of the same hardware.

As a side note, Jerry Dunlap, Jay Turner and Brian Buaas were all involved in helping with the first stages of the design.

The boat had/s an updated ESC with a 35V 1500uf cap and brand new 36mm 1800kv motor. We are still testing all systems at this time.

The boat has been very solid in testing and the performance at the race was more then I could have asked for.. IT WAS WINDY..

NO DELIVERY DATE IS SET.

Lots have asked for it and we are going to darn well deliver. This cat is no PUSSY!

Grim

longballlumber
10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
I already heard about their new offering several months ago from a very reliable source.
Nice to see some pics of it finally.

How did it run?
Any Vid??

Pics of the inside??

I'm surprized that you guys didn't hold Mike Z down on the ground while the rest snapped pics!

I don't know about others, but I have always had this perception of Catamaran style hulls being "darty" and un-predictable. This one seems to defeat all of my perceptions. It would slide thru the turns rather than "hook". We were experiencing 15-20 MPH winds constantly all day long and the boat only blew over once. It was on par with speed relative to the other LSH contenders… It was a cool boat.

Sorry no video…

I think all of us were too busy getting our own boats to run or they were pitting for the other guys running. Plus, the wind and the temp could have been a little better. Had it not been so bad, I am sure we all would have stuck around to BS and talk boats a little more.

Nothing much to see on the inside, it has a compartment much like the UL-1 with a ton of room to move things batteries around…

Doby
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the update:thumbup::thumbup:

Jeff Wohlt
10-14-2009, 03:49 PM
How can it not be a winner with those names.... Very cool. Should be a great market...plenty of Vs and Hydros but virtually nothing on an RTR cat from a well known vendor of this size.

Great to hear more ESCs and motors are in the works as well!

Ub Hauled
10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
The boat had/s an updated ESC with a 35V 1500uf cap and brand new 36mm 1800kv motor. We are still testing all systems at this time.

Is the ESc still 60 amps like the UL-1 ?

Grimracer
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
UB,

Yes it is.. we are looking into updating the cap but past that point likely not many more changes.

We have to (at least for now) follow the market regarding connectors.. we also have to be budget minded when it comes to "other constraints" regarding the ESC.

With out me saying much more I hope you follow.

Thanks for asking.. here is a pic of the inside of the boat..

Grimracer

Ub Hauled
10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
UB,

Yes it is.. we are looking into updating the cap but past that point likely not many more changes.

We have to (at least for now) follow the market regarding connectors.. we also have to be budget minded when it comes to "other constraints" regarding the ESC.

With out me saying much more I hope you follow.

Thanks for asking.. here is a pic of the inside of the boat..

Grimracer

that's a good thing Mike, I'd hate to see yet another option for "spec" systems... I think we have enough as is, lots of workable stuff out there.

Thanks for the info

eboat
10-14-2009, 06:56 PM
How long is it ?

Jackwgf
10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
What is it made from? Plastic or Glass??

Doby
10-14-2009, 07:23 PM
What is it made from? Plastic or Glass??

Read post #5.

Grimracer
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
that's a good thing Mike, I'd hate to see yet another option for "spec" systems... I think we have enough as is, lots of workable stuff out there.

Thanks for the info

Good point.. we do want to keep up with current thinking.

the boat is 29.75" long

does anybody see any room for a GPS in there?..:bounce:

Grim

One more point.. at this time what you see is a prototype.. there will be changes but we are hoping not to many.. We are looking hard and doing the cowl in glass as well..

and

the boat is stand off scale of a Skater 368

Steven Vaccaro
10-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Good point.. we do want to keep up with current thinking.

the boat is 29.75" long

does anybody see any room for a GPS in there?..:bounce:

Grim

One more point.. at this time what you see is a prototype.. there will be changes but we are hoping not to many.. We are looking hard and doing the cowl in glass as well..

and

NICE Job!

I love the length and clean interior!!!

Steven Vaccaro
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Longballlumber and Grim, thanks for sharing the pictures!

RCprince
10-14-2009, 11:13 PM

http://www.amsoil.com/testimonials/Teague/images/DSC_4374.jpg
http://www.amsoil.com/testimonials/Teague/images/DSC_4313.jpg

Grimracer
10-15-2009, 08:22 AM
yea man thats it..

DIBS on the Motley Crew :banana:

Grim

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 11:18 AM
yea man thats it..

Grim

Seems only appropriate.

http://www.skaterpowerboats.com/motleycrew.jpg

Jeff Wohlt
10-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Here are a few of those boats. Still need to load more. Some is last years and some is new. Got some good stuff on the old Bud Select...some close ups of drives, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ldwrsSgFk

Jeff Wohlt
10-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Can anyone tell me how to put the actual video in a link so it shows the youtube?

Do I need the embedded code or what?

This sure is not right

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C0ldwrsSgFk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C0ldwrsSgFk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Please oh please make the transom strong enough for me to add a couple of outboards to it.

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Jeff I dont think the site will allow html for hacker reasons.

Jeff Wohlt
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Cool...thanks...just wondered how people did it so it showed the little video on the page.

Outboards! Why mess up a nice boat? Or do you want lower units?

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Cool...thanks...just wondered how people did it so it showed the little video on the page.

I love outboards. This is my dream boat.

http://www.doublerperformance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/28pl.jpg

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Jeff has anyone done it on this board? If you can point me to a thread I can look at code to see how they did it.

RCprince
10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
aquacraft needs to make better gears for the ep1 to handle a bushless motor and the games would be on.

RCprince
10-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I love outboards. This is my dream boat.

http://www.doublerperformance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/28pl.jpg

agreed Steve

Jeff Wohlt
10-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Just kidding, Steve. The move is to outboards on our lake. No wineterization, better fuel milage and very quiet.

A buddy has the new 300 hp merc on his pontoon which is massive and it runs 60 miph loaded!

The two strokers sound awesome but you would never hear the 4 strokes since they are so silent.

The grupner was the better outboard but not sure if they can be had anymore...very expensive.

Jeff Wohlt
10-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Yep...still sell them...holy cow they are high! Maybe a person can get the parts and leave the motor?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/outboards.htm

Smaller 650

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=2370

and BL version

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=2380.11

They do have some parts...the lower but not upper half right now.

Jeff Wohlt
10-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Or you can get them here :)

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2370

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 01:00 PM
We are getting killed on Graupner parts because of the cost of the US Dollar versus the Euro. The 800 outboard used to cost $140 or so.

RCprince
10-15-2009, 01:05 PM
We are getting killed on Graupner parts because of the cost of the US Dollar versus the Euro. The 800 outboard used to cost $140 or so.

Wow, 140 was definitely reasonable. my goal is getting a Rio 51 hull, gutting it and turning it in to a center console quad, like i did with my AQ ProFisherman.

Ub Hauled
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
and BL version

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=2380.11

They do have some parts...the lower but not upper half right now.

Just a heads up on this one... it's the leg only, no motor (as per description).

Steven Vaccaro
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, 140 was definitely reasonable.

Ah those were the days, when the dollar was strong and people had jobs. :doh:

Rumdog
10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
I want one of these! hopefully the tub is deep enough for 4s2p!

Grimracer
10-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Rum,

Good question, It is..

Grim

chummer
10-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Grim,
I know there is no delivery date as of yet but do think that they might be available to us by spring?

Rumdog
10-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds great. This is a great looking cat! I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Grimracer
10-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Chummer,

I just can not answer that. :tape: sorry about that..

Grimracer

tiqueman
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Ah those were the days, when the dollar was strong and people had jobs. :doh:

Amen brother!

Hey Grim, Great looking hull, and modeled after the Skater... SWEET!!! Would love to see more pics.

Scott

LiPo Power
10-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh man this is coll....
Black Jack, Black Jack here I come........:spy:

Diegoboy
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Does she have steps?

Grimracer
10-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes.. it has steps, no vents.. only steps..they are quite shallow however.

Grim

Akoni
10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Will they be offered in any of the real-world racing livery? That Amsoil scheme would sell tons.

Grimracer
10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
No.. we have no plans on hooking up with Amsoil..

However we have plans on offering one in Sliver.. "Plans" as Silver is one of the harder colors to pull off in production.

Please bare with us.

:rockon2:

Grimracer

Steven Vaccaro
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I always thought it would be cool if a company had several diff decal packages to offer as after rtr boat sales options.

Doby
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM

However we have plans on offering one in Sliver.. "Plans" as Silver is one of the harder colors to pull off in production.

Please bare with us.

Grimracer

Hurry up,,,the waters starting to solidify up here:ThumbsDown01:

Grimracer
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I always thought it would be cool if a company had several diff decal packages to offer as after rtr boat sales options.

Sounds like you just got yourself more work.. better get on those decal packs for the boat ASAP!
:w00t:

Grim

LiPo Power
10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Hurry up,,,the waters starting to solidify up here:ThumbsDown01:

Ooo yeahhh... I wont one too... Right now!!!

dirtslide
11-08-2009, 01:32 AM
i know in post#5 it states no delivery dates but do you think it will be ready before the new year or not until spring next year .i need another grimracer to add to my fleet!!!!!!

LiPo Power
11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
...any more pics of the new cat prototype please???

Grimracer
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Lipo,

I dont have any more pictures i can share at this time.

To many small changes going on.. IF i was to post a few and the boat did not "come that way".. trust me.. the fourmies would eat the boat alive.

Just not worth it.

Thanks for asking however..

I can say this.. Testing has been going VERY WELL with the project. I have made a few slight hull changes and the boat is undergoing more testing.

Grimracer:rockon2:

RCprince
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Hurry up Grim:just-kidding:, the sport needs a rtr reliable cat.

LiPo Power
11-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Lipo,

I dont have any more pictures i can share at this time.

To many small changes going on.. IF i was to post a few and the boat did not "come that way".. trust me.. the fourmies would eat the boat alive.

Just not worth it.

Thanks for asking however..

I can say this.. Testing has been going VERY WELL with the project. I have made a few slight hull changes and the boat is undergoing more testing.

Grimracer:rockon2:

Thank You Mr. Zaborowski

Grimracer
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Just to let you guys know testing is on going. Boat P-2 is in its final stages of testing.

We are looking at making some minor hull changes (i cant talk about them right now) but the last dude to pilot the boat is VERY HAPPY with the performance. Right Snowman!

ROCK ON!

Grim

Sorry this more of a teaser then anything but im very pleased with the testing thus far. More then I could have asked for taking years of tunnel hull experience and tossing it into a Cat.

Steven Vaccaro
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Just to let you guys know testing is on going. Boat P-2 is in its final stages of testing.

We are looking at making some minor hull changes (i cant talk about them right now) but the last dude to pilot the boat is VERY HAPPY with the performance. Right Snowman!

ROCK ON!

Grim

Sorry this more of a teaser then anything but im very pleased with the testing thus far. More then I could have asked for taking years of tunnel hull experience and tossing it into a Cat.

Are you serious! We love being teased. Keep it up!!

dirtslide
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
thanks Grim ,sounds like it will be another kick ass boat and i like the fact that you are teaching us all a little patients , i just wish i was snowman.

Doby
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Patience my ass..........show us more Mike:beerchug::beerchug:

Eodman
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Like my Mom use to say Grim ----- Don't make me come out there!!!!!

alvinsmith75
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I just sold my last boat last week. Then today I see this...............looks like my next boat. Make us proud Grim!
Alvin

SweetZ28
11-30-2009, 09:32 PM
:banana: This ones going to be SWEET I can tell!!
Wish there where more SPY shots!!:tongue_smilie:

dirtslide
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
maybe with all this hype we will get our hands on it soon :cool2::thumbup:

Brushless55
12-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Please bare with us.

Grimracer

Silver, right on!
I am an Amsoil dealer and will be getting one for sure and doing, yep an Amsoil themed cat! :tongue_smilie:

alvinsmith75
12-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Any updates?

Grimracer
12-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Alvin,

No real updates at this time.. The boat is still in testing (however we have frozen water here).

Just so you know this boat will be tested by more then just me.. Its a double edge sword but I feel its needed. Right now the boat is out west. The boat will next go south for final test verification.

We know of at least one small change that needs to happen to the hull but and we are reviewing some light issues with drive line.

Sorry I can not tell you more.. and.. a very important reminder to all.. NO delivery date/s are set..

Again.. im filling you in best I can, but remember you are all catching this design from the start. We still have a long way to go.

Happy new year!

Grimracer

Brushless55
12-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks Grim!
but just so you know, pictures are allways welcome! :thumbup:

Checkmateguy01
01-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey Grim, just wondering about any updates on the Cat??? I'm really interested in this boat!! I'm an NiMh guy, can you tell me how it runs on NiMh's, like estimated speed and handling? I want one big time, any chance of seeing the new boat by summer? Thanks!!

lomdel
01-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Grim, I assume you WILL start testing a twin version after this single has hit the market!

Grimracer
01-28-2010, 11:22 AM
No updates at this time..

I think the cat should be a twin in the future... but.. first we need to get the single out.

Pic of likey drop top tub.. can you say.. GIVE ME SOME ROOM!

Grim

Checkmateguy01
01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm definatly on board to grab one of these boats when they come out!! Only problem is gonna be being patient, i want one right now and it's still the dead of winter lol. Thanks for the update Grim, but again just curious to know if the boat has been tested on NIMH's and if so how'd it run? Thanks!

Grimracer
01-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Check,

Here is the skinny..

No.. I have spent NO TIME testing this boat on Nickels.. However.. The UL-1 (same ESC) went through massive testing with different bat types.

You can... run NIMH but would recommend 7 cell packs to avoid tripping the studded bump system.. Having said that you can use 6 cell packs but they need to be in good shape (very good shape)

Grim

Checkmateguy01
01-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Check,

Here is the skinny..

No.. I have spent NO TIME testing this boat on Nickels.. However.. The UL-1 (same ESC) went through massive testing with different bat types.

You can... run NIMH but would recommend 7 cell packs to avoid tripping the studded bump system.. Having said that you can use 6 cell packs but they need to be in good shape (very good shape)
Grim

Ok thanks for the info Grim! What's the "studded bump system"?? I run my SV27 on 6-cell NIMH's, and also the the Dumas mono in my avatar, so that's all i have are 6 cell packs but i've been looking at gettin at least one new set of batt's this season, maybe i'll grab some 7 cells. I like NIMH's for the extra wieght for the lake that i run my boats on, i'm not lookin to go lipo any time soon.

Diesel6401
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok thanks for the info Grim! What's the "studded bump system"?? I run my SV27 on 6-cell NIMH's, and also the the Dumas mono in my avatar, so that's all i have are 6 cell packs but i've been looking at gettin at least one new set of batt's this season, maybe i'll grab some 7 cells. I like NIMH's for the extra wieght for the lake that i run my boats on, i'm not lookin to go lipo any time soon.

It's the LVC (low voltage cut-off)for when using Lipos so you don't discharge your batteries to much which damages the cells. I think it kicks in a 12v and the boat begins to stutter and at 11.6v is shuts down and wont re-arm. I never seen it happen because i time my runs with my lipos. I did personnally run some Team Orion 3300mah 6 cell nimh in a ul1. Stutter bump did not engage, but had a hard time getting on plane, so I gave up testing nimh threw some 2s 30c zippys in it and had some real fun :rockon2:

lomdel
02-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Any updates Grim?

Grimracer
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
lomdel

No real news to report at this time. I can tell you however that the boat is still undergoing testing.

We are looking closely at a better cable for the boat. The one that we started testing with is OK but we want better.

The boat will be run again this weekend.

I have the drawing updates done and a new boat has been yanked from the molds... And again we go back to do allot more testing... that round of testing will start this spring.

Thanks for asking.

Grim

Brushless55
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
hands down to all the testing Grim! :bowdown:
that's what I like about this company that keeps me coming back

LuckyDuc
02-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe I'll get to see some of that testing at the Badger pond this spring:w00t:

lomdel
02-19-2010, 01:09 AM
If you need some testing done down here in the glorious South African sun, let me know. I'll be more than willing to help... :thumbup1:

Grimracer
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
We are still testing... I can say however.. FANTASTIC!

Man that boat still catches me off guard as to how well it runs..

Hope to see a few of you in Toledo.. we can chat particulars at the show!

I have concerns about the ride not fitting the “cat expectations” but……good god.. its good…

Let me give you a dead nuts honest number.. 41.. no its not my age.. or IQ.. im well over, and under those numbers…

41 mph on the stock plastic SV prop.. TRUE!
That’s not on your mommas batteries however.. just wait for that info too….

ROCKET ON!

Grim

alvinsmith75
03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Awesome info! Can't wait for more.
Keep up the good work Grim.
Alvin

Brushless55
03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Looking forward to kicking some EKOS tail! :rockon2:

Doby
03-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Grim, I'll be seeing you in Toledo,,,please make sure you have a yellow one for me to take home.

XOXOXOXOX

LiPo Power
03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
...make it two.....

Grim, I'll be seeing you in Toledo,,,please make sure you have a yellow one for me to take home.

XOXOXOXOX

Doby
03-22-2010, 03:13 PM
LiPo,,,,,Get another color ...................

Brushless55
03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
I want a white one, better yet, silver! :rockon2:

Grimracer
03-22-2010, 08:47 PM
just to clear up..

The boat will not be at the show.. but we can chat development all day long!

I will see about bringing some pics.

Grim

LiPo Power
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
All right, I will get the pink one!!! ( just like Happys Miss Kitchener. We can race in the second pond. Two pink boats going crazy :rockon2:)
Perfect match to all other boats I have in yellow..... :laugh:

LiPo,,,,,Get another color ...................

LiPo Power
03-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Will you take deposits? :olleyes: ( for the yellow one )
Robert

just to clear up..

The boat will not be at the show.. but we can chat development all day long!

I will see about bringing some pics.

Grim

Grimracer
03-24-2010, 09:21 AM
aha.... sure........aha.... Im hungry and in need of beer!..........:zip-up:

:rofl:

Grim

Doby
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
I'll buy you a beer on Saturday in Toledo............................................ ...in exchange for a yellow one....besides, these need to be tested in Canadian water as well as US waters......Canadian water is cleaner (as we flush everything down south to our US friends)...The cat should be faster up here.

LiPo Power
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Doby, do not be selfish... 3 of us are going there... Lots lots of beer....

Doby
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
If he's that drunk, he will forget where he parked and won't be able to give us the boats that he will have in the trunk of his car.....2 beers max.

Grimracer
03-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I have heard of this "Clean water" you speak of.. Its mythical here in Sunny Champaign... we have ponds here.. We have many things here that we do not speak of!

Some say its a you can see down in it... water that is.. Me? I don’t believe it..

Some day maybe I can see this for myself.. but.. im sure its more “legend” then anything else..

You try to paint a picture of the promise land… its.. its.. its not working… do not go into the forbidden zone…

Those DAMED DIRTY APES!

Grim

HappyOne
05-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Mike,

Can you give us a hint as to whether this boat is planned to be out this season or next?

Doby
05-10-2010, 10:15 AM
In a buying mood are we.......................??

HappyOne
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Maybe.....:popcorn2:

Doby
05-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Excellent....................

LiPo Power
05-10-2010, 04:35 PM
...I am....

Grimracer
05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Update,

The two boats are out being tested right now.. one is for the most part done the other is racing.. Team Marine Power/Futaba Member, Michael Ball will be racing it this summer..

Information has been communicated regarding hull changes and the next round of testing is just about ready to start.

As a side note the canopy is now FiberGlass and not ABS like the prototype. The cost savings was not in line with what I had hoped on the UL-1 so its back to a glass part on this boat.. the fit BTY is fantastic.

I wish I could give you a date but I can not.. (Sorry about that) Im not going to take a chance on making claims that can get sidelined by who knows what! Its not worth it. People take it like we are lying to them.. just not the case.

The power system and control systems are however done..

We are close to having what we want…. But that’s just a small part of it.. I want to make sure we are as close to what YOU want as well.

The boat really catches me off guard as to how well it handles.. and it just keeps getting better the more I learn about cats.

Grim

alvinsmith75
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
"The boat really catches me off guard as to how well it handles.. and it just keeps getting better the more I learn about cats."

Great, and when she is released you can help us out because I tried my luck at a cat once and failed miserably!
Thanks for the update. I look forward to the release.
Alvin

Brushless55
05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Grim you are da man! :rockon2:
can we expect this summer sometime? :Praying:

Grimracer
05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
30" long

ROCK and ROLL!

Grim

Brushless55
05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
30" long

ROCK and ROLL!

Grim

Saaweet! :banana:

tiqueman
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Im impressed w/ the R&D going into this Grim. Excellent, excellent work. Cant wait to see more pics of it.. and maybe a vid? :popcorn2:

Brushless55
05-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Scott, that's awesome!
a video of some testing would be sweet

tiqueman
05-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah but Grims all :spy: :spy: :spy: :rofl: :sarcasm1:

Brushless55
05-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah but Grims all :spy: :spy: :spy: :rofl: :sarcasm1:

and they have a new 30" SV coming out to :spy:

tiqueman
05-11-2010, 10:30 PM
and they have a new 30" SV coming out to :spy:

Thats the 2nd time Ive heard that now too.??? :spy:

chummer
05-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Thats the 2nd time Ive heard that now too.??? :spy:

Grim,,,,, Is this true?,,,,,,,Any chance it might resemble the Rio??????:hug1:

tiqueman
05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Grim,,,,, Is this true?,,,,,,,Any chance it might resemble the Rio??????:hug1:

Wouldnt that be sweet :w00t:

Grimracer
05-12-2010, 08:49 AM
I can say with the utmost of confidence that the SV will stay at 27" long..

And on that note I will not say what on the work bench "Right Now":rockon2:

Grim

Brushless55
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
I can say with the utmost of confidence that the SV will stay at 27" long..

And on that note I will not say what on the work bench "Right Now":rockon2:

Grim

I thought you said 30" ?:confused2:

Grimracer
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I thought you were asking about the cat.

I am OLD ya know!

Grim

Jeepers
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=Grimracer;183489]Update,
. Team Marine Power/Futaba Member, Michael Ball will be racing it this summer..
I/QUOTE]

Well its in good hands I met Mike at the Nats great guy! his boats are fast so the feed back will be good!

LuckyDuc
05-12-2010, 10:11 PM
When do we get to see some more pics of the new production offshore class favorite:biggrin:

Cottageboater
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Grim -

Tower has a new Aquacraft motor and 45a ESC listed to release real soon. Any chance the ESC is lipo compatible?

Diesel6401
05-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Grim -

Tower has a new Aquacraft motor and 45a ESC listed to release real soon. Any chance the ESC is lipo compatible?

Even if it's not lipo ready (i'd imagine it would be though), you always can add a lipo shield for a few extra bucks.

Here's the pics so everyone is on the same page.

Darin Jordan
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Even if it's not lipo ready (i'd imagine it would be though), you always can add a lipo shield for a few extra bucks.

Here's the pics so everyone is on the same page.

The ESC says right on it "NiCd/NiMH"...

I'd just order the 60-amp and not worry about it. The price difference isn't that much, and it's much simpler than buying a lipo-shield... Plus you have the additional capacity.

Diesel6401
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
The ESC says right on it "NiCd/NiMH"...

I'd just order the 60-amp and not worry about it. The price difference isn't that much, and it's much simpler than buying a lipo-shield... Plus you have the additional capacity.

Good point.
I seen the nicd/nimh label, I just figured aq wouldn't come out with a new esc for this cat and limit is too just nicd/nimh. Maybe is like the proboat esc and you can switch it lipo witht a card who nows. You know more than Darin. :biggrin:

Darin Jordan
05-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Good point.
I seen the nicd/nimh label, I just figured aq wouldn't come out with a new esc for this cat and limit is too just nicd/nimh. Maybe is like the proboat esc and you can switch it lipo witht a card who nows. You know more than Darin. :biggrin:

I'm guessing not... the 60A ESC says right on the front "Lipo"... :bounce:

My guess would be that the 45A is simply the original 45A ESC, repackaged with the updated cooling system on it. But what do I know... :lol:

Diesel6401
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Looking at it further I wonder if its a SV esc with different cooling and bigger cap, It may truly not be lipo ready :crying:
*Maybe this is the new motor/esc for the new and improved SV coming out and not even for the cat.

Diesel6401
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Dang Darin your fast with the typing, you beat me too the comment lol

Brushless55
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Looking at it further I wonder if its a SV esc with different cooling and bigger cap, It may truly not be lipo ready :crying:
*Maybe this is the new motor/esc for the new and improved SV coming out and not even for the cat.

I bet it's on the new cat..

Diesel6401
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I bet it's on the new cat..

I don't know man, look at the pic Mike posted on the first page. I'll post it again, if you save the pic and zoom in the last 4 letters are "eady", looks like it says ready on the end which prob means lipo ready. And the new esc pic just says nicd/nimh. This maybe the new 45amp sv power and the cat would maybe have the 60amp ul esc.

Save and zoom in:

Brushless55
05-13-2010, 07:09 PM
maybe that's out of the UL-1 and they will use the new one?
but why not just use the bigger Lipo esc on both?

Doby
05-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Check,

Here is the skinny..

Grim

This should help.

Diesel6401
05-13-2010, 08:10 PM
This should help.

HAHAHA I remember that post now, seemed like FOREVER ago. I'm just gonna sit back relax and get ready to spend some money whenver this thing hits the market. Hopefully it's not much longer. :popcorn2:

Brushless55
05-13-2010, 08:44 PM
would be nice to see the final setup.. :thumbup1:

Rumdog
05-13-2010, 08:50 PM
From the sound of it, it won't be out this summer.

Brushless55
05-13-2010, 09:10 PM
From the sound of it, it won't be out this summer.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Doby
05-17-2010, 06:50 AM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9737310/tm.htm

More Pics!!!!1

LiPo Power
05-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Wow!!! Great staf DOBY, thanks!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9737310/tm.htm

More Pics!!!!1

Brushless55
05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
MsDarla is on the ball!

ray schrauwen
01-11-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0002p?M=AQU

Brushless55
01-12-2011, 12:06 AM
This could kick Traxxas right in the nads! :w00t:

Diesel6401
01-12-2011, 01:18 AM
yea man thats it..

Grim

and now it all makes sense...

Gotta love the little hints!!!!!

http://www2.gpmd.com/imaget/a/taqub2100.jpg

Grimracer
01-12-2011, 09:12 AM
:spy:

See ya on the water rock and rollers!:rockon2:

I will get you more info when they pull the tape off my mouth!

All fun aside

YOU guys and gals are the ones we designed this boat for
YOU are the ones that have driven the need!
YOU are the ones that push us to make better and better products

Thanks

Grimracer

longballlumber
01-12-2011, 10:05 AM
HANG ON BOY'S!!!!

Looks like the "CAT" is out of the bag... almost!!!! :popcorn2:

Later,
Mike

Doby
01-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Does that mean we all get free ones!!!!

Steven Vaccaro
01-12-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0002p?M=AQU

How do you guys find these things! Thanks!!

alvinsmith75
01-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Like Spongebob says, "Im ready im ready im ready". (I have a four year old haha)

tunnelvision
01-13-2011, 08:03 AM
I wish Tower had better pictures of my next boat:rockon2:

Brushless55
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
not sure why, but they took it off tower? :cursing:

Grimracer
01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Im not sure either.. but i suspect it might have something to do with its a tad to early to be showing the product..

Having said this Im not 100% sure when its release date is....

In any case we (I) hope its soon.. I want to get this boat in the hands of the right people!.. you DUDES!

:banana:

Grim

Brushless55
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Im not sure either.. but i suspect it might have something to do with its a tad to early to be showing the product..

Having said this Im not 100% sure when its release date is....

In any case we (I) hope its soon.. I want to get this boat in the hands of the right people!.. you DUDES!

Grim

Thanks GRIM! :rockon2:
can you give us an idea if we will see it before summer?

hyrulejedi86
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Have we said a speed range yet? I thought I heard 40s but I was hoping for 50s, but either way it looks awesome so far!

longballlumber
01-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Have we said a speed range yet? I thought I heard 40s but I was hoping for 50s, but either way it looks awesome so far!

Here is a write up I did after a race up in Canada. This boat runs low to mid 40's with an octura 440/3 and 4 min heats all day long and it did it all season long in the P-limited Offshore class.... I finished 3rd in our season long points/laps series. Not bad for a prototype boat in it's first season of racing!

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showpost.php?p=199504&postcount=16

hyrulejedi86
01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Sounds really great! Almost better than the Spartan!! I wonder how the UL-1 motor and ESC would fare in this hull.

Brushless55
01-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Here is a write up I did after a race up in Canada. This boat runs low to mid 40's with an octura 440/3 and 4 min heats all day long and it did it all season long in the P-limited Offshore class.... I finished 3rd in our season long points/laps series. Not bad for a prototype boat in it's first season of racing!

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showpost.php?p=199504&postcount=16

Cool stuff man :thumbup1:

dana
01-13-2011, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Brushless55;159888]hands down to all the testing Grim! :bowdown:
that's what I like about this company that keeps me coming back[/QUOT
:iagree: i friggin love all my AQ stuff... and im dying to see some vids.

Grimracer
01-14-2011, 11:25 AM
by all accounts and barring the ship dont sink :Sinking:

The boat "SHOULD" :Praying: be avalible mid spring.

Please dont hold me to that.. anything can happen between then and now..:help:

Grim

Brushless55
01-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Awesome, than you Grim!

Steven Vaccaro
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
We saw this boat race at the 2010 nats. It was fast and handled very well. No hooking, even in race water. Looks like Offshore Racing is got some real good contenders for 2011. Geico, Motley Crew, SV27r. Man lots of good choices!!

Darin Jordan
01-14-2011, 11:40 AM
anything can happen between then and now..:help:

Grim

Boy ain't that the truth! No fun once the project is out of the developer's hands... :doh:

dreamland s4
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I have been held down by strippers but FE racers.. ewwwww…

Grim

lmao you go boy :cool2:

nate
01-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Grim was lying to us and the cat was actually a twin drive 540 mount style sporting two ul-1 motor's...

Brushless55
01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
We saw this boat race at the 2010 nats. It was fast and handled very well. No hooking, even in race water. Looks like Offshore Racing is got some real good contenders for 2011. Geico, Motley Crew, SV27r. Man lots of good choices!!

Great news :thumbup:

Grimracer
04-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Racers

We introduced the boat at the Toledo show and it met with ASTOUNDING RESULTS!

EVERYBODY that saw the boat was very pleased with what they saw.

Now for the fun part..

BARRING THE BOAT PASSES QC we should have them in the stores in and around mid may..

Not sure you caught this either and this has been just as much work as the boat.. we also have a new line of Grimracer Lipos called Grimracer Speed Packs. They work VERY WELL and as the line grows we will be adding more.

The pack construction is VERY VERY GOOD and the performance is stellar..

Its time to start seeing YELLOW!

Grimracer

P.S. Thanks for allowing me to share the development of this boat with you. As you can see it takes time and TONS OF TESTING AND EFFORT. We / I really hope you enjoy the boat as much as WE / I have had designing it for you!

ROCKET AND ROLL!

Brushless55
04-06-2011, 05:11 PM
any link to these new Lipo packs?

Diesel6401
04-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Racers

We introduced the boat at the Toledo show and it met with ASTOUNDING RESULTS!

EVERYBODY that saw the boat was very pleased with what they saw.

Now for the fun part..

BARRING THE BOAT PASSES QC we should have them in the stores in and around mid may..

Not sure you caught this either and this has been just as much work as the boat.. we also have a new line of Grimracer Lipos called Grimracer Speed Packs. They work VERY WELL and as the line grows we will be adding more.

The pack construction is VERY VERY GOOD and the performance is stellar..

Its time to start seeing YELLOW!

Grimracer

P.S. Thanks for allowing me to share the development of this boat with you. As you can see it takes time and TONS OF TESTING AND EFFORT. We / I really hope you enjoy the boat as much as WE / I have had designing it for you!

ROCKET AND ROLL!

:popcorn2:

LuckyDuc
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
any link to these new Lipo packs?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXFS&P=7

ron1950
04-06-2011, 06:06 PM
i really dont want to read 6 pages is this boat the motly crew? also by the pics of the mc boat is the hardware alum or plastic?

Doby
04-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Hardware is aluminum........plastic....I'll assume you were joking.

PDR447
04-06-2011, 11:53 PM
10 gauge on the battery pack wires? kinda bummed on that.

and I will agree that the way the hardware is anodized or something makes it looks plastic at times. the thought crossed my mind as well but since it's aquacraft I knew it was aluminum.

Brushless55
04-07-2011, 12:33 AM
10 gauge on the battery pack wires? kinda bummed on that.
and I will agree that the way the hardware is anodized or something makes it looks plastic at times. the thought crossed my mind as well but since it's aquacraft I knew it was aluminum.

10gauge is decent for lipo packs
much bigger than what most RTR esc's have for power wires :Peace_Sign:

lomdel
04-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Grim, please post some recent pics and specs on the new boat.

Doby
04-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Check out AQ web site....all you need to know is on there.

detox
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
50mph is no fun. What kind of speeds is this hull capable of...60mph? What is the maximum? Let the modding begin.

Doby
04-24-2011, 10:58 PM
50 mph is ......"no fun"???

Try racing a buch of boats at 40Mph....now thats fun..

Brushless55
04-24-2011, 11:04 PM
50 mph is ......"no fun"???

Try racing a buch of boats at 40Mph....now thats fun..

:iagree:

ron1950
05-18-2011, 11:59 PM
wonder how many of the mc will show up at the nats next month

Steven Vaccaro
05-19-2011, 12:23 AM
wonder how many of the mc will show up at the nats next month

ron1950
05-19-2011, 07:17 AM
oh no say it ant so lol

TheShaughnessy
05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
50mph is no fun. What kind of speeds is this hull capable of...60mph? What is the maximum? Let the modding begin.

might not be too much fun if you are on sticky glass water, try running 40+ in a boat this size with some chop and wind, adds some excitement back.