PDA

View Full Version : Which Spektrum?

blakybob
10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Is the Spektrum DX3S spm3140 the one that's compatible with the MR3000? I remember reading somewhere that the model number made a difference or maybe it was shipped with the marine upgrade. It was part of another thread but I can't find it.

Blake

Darin Jordan
10-09-2009, 01:36 PM
The SPM3140 is the one with the Marine logo, so that's the one you want.

Here is the info from the Spektrum site:

New DX3S systems (SPM3140) are now compatible with DSM2 surface receivers and the Marine receiver (SPMMR3000), in addition to DSM surface receivers. The SPM3140 transmitter features the above logo on the back.

If you own an earlier DX3S system (SPM3130) and would like it upgraded with the new technology, please contact the Spektrum Service center who will upgrade it for a small fee. The upgrade costs $50 plus shipping and the turn around time is approximately 3-5 weeks. Due to hardware differences and regulatory requirements, the upgrade is only available in the US.

For US customers, please contact:
Horizon Hobby, Inc.
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822
1-877-504-0233
webmaster@horizonhobby

Hope this helps! I think you'll love this radio system!

blakybob
10-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks Darin, after seeing one down in Atlanta I'm making the switch. I can't believe how small that rx is!!!

Blake

Darin Jordan
10-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks Darin, after seeing one down in Atlanta I'm making the switch. I can't believe how small that rx is!!!

Blake

Nice! Put a little Corrosion-X or other protectant on the antenna lead plugins, and maybe the contacts for the servo leads, and it's basically water proof as well... I haven't done either of those things, and mine have operated even while submerged in water in my 1/10th scale... NOT recommending this, but it's nice to know that when the hatch blows, the Rx is safe...