PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake run area - Poor Us !!

properchopper
09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Here's the handicap us guys have to endure ! Great weather year-round as well.
Poor Us !! :sarcasm1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVENEnlwSaY

Doby
09-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Bastards.....:crying::crying::crying:

properchopper
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
:tt2::tt2::tt2:

tiqueman
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Thats too bad. Im sorry you must deal with those kind of amenities. Perhaps the members of the club could all pitch in some extra coin and try and make things a little more pleasing.

That is an awesome looking place. Very envious....

properchopper
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Thats too bad. Im sorry you must deal with those kind of amenities. Perhaps the members of the club could all pitch in some extra coin and try and make things a little more pleasing.

Now that you mention this, We are currently accepting donations to finance the replacement of one of the leaky lakesisde beer taps. :biggrin:

Bill-SOCAL
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM

Sadly the County will not let us do anything. They force this down our throats and we just have to learn to live with it!!

tiqueman
09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Let me get right on that. Send me a paypal email so I can send the funds. A leaky tap... Im suprised code enforcement hasnt shut you down for that yet.. Thats a felony :beerchug:

Ub Hauled
09-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately is not all fun here in our club amenities... we have to put up with some really mean Carps, turtles and ducks that hit our boats while we are out there... and on top of it all, the temperatures man... having days at 65F in the winter is hard to deal with... all the sweatshirts we have to own for that....

properchopper
10-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Unfortunately is not all fun here in our club amenities... we have to put up with some really mean Carps, turtles and ducks that hit our boats while we are out there... and on top of it all, the temperatures man... having days at 65F in the winter is hard to deal with... all the sweatshirts we have to own for that....

Yeah, and that lazy ice cream vendor only rolls by once every hour- some nerve !

westbeach
10-01-2009, 03:29 AM
hey, don't you guys have normal jobs instead of running your FE boats and posting vid's all day long? :tt2: :just-kidding: I must say that I am envious of your local and weather all year round to be able to head head out to the pond whenever the urge hits.

Keep posting the vids!! :popcorn2:

graill
10-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Incredibly nice dock, The vid brings up an interesting question near the end "boaters insurance"?

I had heard there was something like this floating around. My safeco policy covers me performing activities from skydiving to running rc boats anywhere in the usa(yes contact your underwriter), they also insure my Rc boats and equip inside, rest is covered by renters insur, they have for the last 5 years since moving up from texas.

So why would you need "rc boaters" insurance to run your rc boat on a public access lake such as legg lake?

Curious, this just for events, or do you think you could stop someone from using that dock when no events are underway, regardless of who built it. :biggrin:

Ub Hauled
10-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Good point!
I'll check with my insurance to see what the deal is in regards of RC...
NAMBA claims it is a membership and on top of that you get an insurance that covers you up to 1 million bux... or something like that.
The money that we pay is mostly for maintenance (rescue boat, paddock, etc.), I am sure that we don't have to pay the whole $45 to insurance.

Bill-SOCAL
10-01-2009, 08:53 AM
So why would you need "rc boaters" insurance to run your rc boat on a public access lake such as legg lake?

Curious, this just for events, or do you think you could stop someone from using that dock when no events are underway, regardless of who built it. :biggrin:

Legg Lake is part of the Whittier Narrows Recreational Area that is operated by the Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation. They control the lake and they require NAMBA membership, and as a consequence NAMBA insurance, to run at Legg Lake. There are a few NAMBA clubs that use the lake but none of them actually control the place, that is all under the County.

SO while it is in a public park, the controlling agency has dictated that they require NAMBA insurance to use the facility. They have done the same thing with the flying site located to the north of Legg Lake where they require AMA insurance despite one or more clubs that use the field.

Legg is open from sunrise to sunset 7 days a week for anyone who has NAMBA membership. If you choose to you can pay a small fee to acquire a key that gives you access to the lake from an closer gate and also gets you into the retrieve boat. That money goes into a fund that maintains the boat and other miscellaneous operating costs.

Steven Vaccaro
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Nice place you guys have there. Maybe Doug Smock can post a picture of his place. Its also a great place to hang out at. You guys are making the rest of us that stand on milk crates very jealous!

properchopper
10-01-2009, 11:32 AM
One thing not seen in the video is the crowd of regulars that hang out and run every weekend. On Saturdays and Sundays there's usually a group of 5 to 10 gas & nitro guys set up under the trees, all fine fellows that cheerfully include FE in their circle. Not to mention the hospitality the Grim family and the Seismic Amigos extend to us. Kids and dogs are welcome, and I swear this is true, one weekend one of the Amigo wives actually passed around a plate of deviled eggs to the crowd !!
Truthfully, part of my agenda in showing this video is to attract any forum members in the SoCal area to come and join us. The drive's worth it !! :thumbup:

Flying Scotsman
10-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Great lake and drivers area but you have to put up with the likes of Sir Nigel F*ckingham from Birmingham and his cohort Jan with his wooden shoes and their feeble attempts at making videos :tt2:

Lord Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
One thing not seen in the video is the crowd of regulars that hang out and run every weekend. On Saturdays and Sundays there's usually a group of 5 to 10 gas & nitro guys set up under the trees, all fine fellows that cheerfully include FE in their circle. Not to mention the hospitality the Grim family and the Seismic Amigos extend to us. Kids and dogs are welcome, and I swear this is true, one weekend one of the Amigo wives actually passed around a plate of deviled eggs to the crowd !!
Truthfully, part of my agenda in showing this video is to attract any forum members in the SoCal area to come and join us. The drive's worth it !! :thumbup:

I've found my new retirement paradise! :rockon2:

properchopper
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Great lake and drivers area but you have to put up with the likes of Sir Nigel F*ckingham from Birmingham and his cohort Jan with his wooden shoes and their feeble attempts at making videos :tt2:

Lord Douggie

Douggie,

Not only do we have put up with Nigel and Jan, but if you listen carefully to the vid sound track, you can hear, as I walk down to the water's edge, the sound of my feet squashing the frogs that are indiginous to the area. The annual "Legg Lake Frog Stomping Competition" is a hoot, { not so much for the frogs} however ! :laugh::laugh:

properchopper
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I've found my new retirement paradise! :rockon2:

Steven, I was born in New York City & grew up on Long Island. Came to California in 1967 just to attend Grad school. I'm still here 42 years later. Man, I could write a book about the wild times ; [ wait- I already have ! ] C'mon out & I'll give you the Grand Tour !!

graill
10-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Very cool Bill and others that answered the extra insurance question. In texas and washington state there is no requirement to have additional insurance as long as your covered by your primary policy. My policy costs me 2 bucks a month extra per specified activity and 8 bucks extra to cover my boats and equip.

With an area that nice the fee for maint i guess 45 bucks a year is a bargain. Standing in sand up here is cumbersome at times. :biggrin:

Steven Vaccaro
10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Steven, I was born in New York City & grew up on Long Island. Came to California in 1967 just to attend Grad school. I'm still here 42 years later. Man, I could write a book about the wild times ; [ wait- I already have ! ] C'mon out & I'll give you the Grand Tour !!

I think my wife will hunt me down if I dont come back. :cursing:

Whens the next big race out there?

Bill-SOCAL
10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Very cool Bill and others that answered the extra insurance question. In texas and washington state there is no requirement to have additional insurance as long as your covered by your primary policy. My policy costs me 2 bucks a month extra per specified activity and 8 bucks extra to cover my boats and equip.

With an area that nice the fee for maint i guess 45 bucks a year is a bargain. Standing in sand up here is cumbersome at times. :biggrin:

The main reason that the County requires NAMBA to run boats and AMA to fly planes is it removes all doubt about coverage. If you have a valid card they know you are covered. With any other insurance I could show up the day I needed to get my pass or whatever and then cancel it the next day.

The City of Costa Mesa is finding this out with a park where they set up a permit program to allow flying. AMA or HO is OK, but now they find that many of the people who use their HO insurance in fact end up not being fully insured due to policy lapses, etc.

RandyatBBY
10-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Tony I will be down in November with Wilmer. The Rolling Getto is in dry dock due to not enought di$olvers to float the insurance and smog requirements. I should take pictures of Kaiser cove to share with the OSE group.

properchopper
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Tony I will be down in November with Wilmer. The Rolling Getto is in dry dock due to not enought di$olvers to float the insurance and smog requirements. I should take pictures of Kaiser cove to share with the OSE group.

Looking forward to seeing you guys. Are you going to rig Hooters to go after P-OPC ? :spy:

Take some pix of Kaiser Cove-that is if you have a telephoto lens :biggrin:

RandyatBBY
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys. Are you going to rig Hooters to go after P-OPC ? :spy:

Take some pix of Kaiser Cove-that is if you have a telephoto lens :biggrin:

Not sure if will is going to run the tunnel, I will be running the 4S rigger for the tazz dude and my eagle.

I will try to get the pond (to take vidio) in two weekends waiting for a GPS to go.

Flying Scotsman
10-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Look you morons it should be Lake Legg..not Legg Lake damn it you piss me off with your destruction of the ENGLISH language...now the Scots got it all right Gaelic :tt2::tt2::laugh:

Douggie

Bill-SOCAL
10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Why isn't it Ocean Pacific instead of Pacific Ocean. Just wondering.

tth
10-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Because Ocean Pacific was a namebrand of clothing in the 80's..........Op come on you know you remember!!!!

Bill-SOCAL
10-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Because Ocean Pacific was a namebrand of clothing in the 80's..........Op come on you know you remember!!!!

Yep, I forgot about them and how they were around when the Pacific Ocean got named!!:doh:

6S HYDRO
10-05-2009, 12:30 PM
hey tony i met a few fellow siezmic amigo's this weekend at the big district 19 gas event this weekend here in scottsdale

properchopper
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
hey tony i met a few fellow siezmic amigo's this weekend at the big district 19 gas event this weekend here in scottsdale

The Amigo's are some pretty serious racers ! And very nice to FE's as well.

I just heard from David and it looks like I may pass on the Oct 17 race date but come out in December instead. Looking forward to it ! :smile:

6S HYDRO
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
why, is there any sign up for this anywhere

properchopper
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
why, is there any sign up for this anywhere

Get in touch with David Newland. :thumbup1:

D. Newland
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Paul- We're still holding a club race Oct 17th in Scottsdale. Nothing's changed.

Flying Scotsman
10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Why isn't it Ocean Pacific instead of Pacific Ocean. Just wondering.

Now you have really got my dander up, this is the definition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch :beerchug:

Douggie

properchopper
10-05-2009, 04:30 PM
:spy: The answer shall be revealed when you spell RACECAR backwards :spy:

Flying Scotsman
10-05-2009, 04:50 PM
:spy: The answer shall be revealed when you spell RACECAR backwards :spy:

Tony, that is enough you Harley old fart, a cafe RACER will beat you every time but at my age the back will not :laugh:

Douggie

properchopper
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Tony, that is enough you Harley old fart,

Douggie

Well that part's true; tomorrow I shall be LXV :doh: Can you say M-E-D-I-C-A-R-E ?

Flying Scotsman
10-05-2009, 05:10 PM
What is LXV ...concerned

Douggie

properchopper
10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
What is LXV ...concerned

Douggie

Do the math !! :doh:

Flying Scotsman
10-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Tony, you mean no private medical coverage???
I am just a dumb Canuck/Scot and mathematicss was not my strongpoint...Rugby I would kick your ARSE

Douggie

properchopper
10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Tony, you mean no private medical coverage???
I am just a dumb Canuck/Scot and mathematicss was not my strongpoint...Rugby I would kick your ARSE

Douggie

OK , here in the colonies, us scrappy little revolutionaries get [some] free medical coverage when we turn LXV. Hint : What Empire was Julius Ceasar from ?

Flying Scotsman
10-05-2009, 05:45 PM
OK , here in the colonies, us scrappy little revolutionaries get [some] free medical coverage when we turn LXV. Hint : What Empire was Julius Ceasar from ?

The Bush Empire, younger or senior??? And yes I studed Latin and Greek at the age of 7 years old

Douggie

chummer
10-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Well that part's true; tomorrow I shall be LXV :doh: Can you say M-E-D-I-C-A-R-E ?

Happy Birthday.:beerchug::bounce:

Ub Hauled
10-05-2009, 06:58 PM

L= 50
X= 10
V= 5

am I right?

properchopper
10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
L= 50
X= 10
V= 5

am I right?

:rockon2:

Ub Hauled
10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
:rockon2:

Nothing to worry until you get an "M" in your age... LOL

Flying Scotsman
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, the grey old fart and useless boat driver has finally met his match.....time.

Congratulations, Tony, you look pretty good to me at your age and can you still wank or does some lady have to help you?

Douggie

RandyatBBY
10-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Hear is a picture you might like Tony
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9831/1020560.jpg

properchopper
10-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Cool ! Is that your new asymetrical sponson design on the rigger ?

Good to see Wilmer practicing his counting ! :thumbup:

RandyatBBY
10-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Cool ! Is that your new asymetrical sponson design on the rigger ?

Good to see Wilmer practicing his counting ! :thumbup:

That is my newest rigger design, I won second with the boat in P Hydro running a 1515 1Y. It is a blast to run. I was afraid the booms are too small for the speed of P but I guess that helped to slow me down.:doh:

Ya this picture is of me and will on the last day at the Natz with our winning boats. We both had a first so that is what the finger means. We cna count to one????:bowdown: