PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NAT'S results???

Boatman
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
With RRR on attack can someone post some results from the Michigan Nationals? I would think someone who went posts here as well.

AlanN
09-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I am sure they will be up soon. The MMEU host club was there for a week and could use some rest. Hat's off to the club and their excellent work and effort in holding the best MI Cup ever and a great Nat's to boot!

BILL OXIDEAN
09-22-2009, 01:03 PM
I just got back and too busy arranging the 2009 Nats greatest hits album..

Hits like "Puff the magic lipo", and "You picked a fine time to leave me BEC" LoL.. :sarcasm1:

AlanN
09-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I just got back and too busy arranging the 2009 Nats greatest hits album..

Hits like "Puff the magic lipo", and "You picked a fine time to leave me BEC"
LoL.. :sarcasm1:

OR "You said I could go by but cut off my head!":rofl:

BILL OXIDEAN
09-23-2009, 10:51 AM
OR "You said I could go by but cut off my head!":rofl:

Oh yeah, that was one of my favorites: "You said it was cool, just take the inside.. My driver didn't know it would be his last ride" "The boat hooked right as I turned left and now my driver's head's gone and at the lake it rests.."

Grimracer
09-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Does anybody have the results, records or other info?

Grimracer

AndyKunz
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I have

David Newland took FIRST in

OPC Tunnel
N-2 Mono
N-2 Sport Hydro

using Spektrum Marine equipment.

Somebody ran aground a T Hydro due to a 2.4 Fut lockout, and another lost a 1/8 Scale to a Fut radio. Don't know what "lost" means, nor what type of Fut either had other than 2.4. A couple guys running older Spektrum car radios had some glitch problems, but no further details.

As I expected, DTJr ran away with the High Points.

Andy

longballlumber
09-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Did I forget to register for the "better radio equipment" class? :sarcasm1:

There were just as many heat wins and heat finishes using Futaba Radio equipment. I personally ran 5 different classes using the same 10+ year old Futaba 3UCP, stick style PPM/PCM on 27mhz with no "glitches" or radio issues at all... :sold:

Its all about taking care of your equipment.

Pointing out "issues" during 2 different heats where the Futaba equipment was being used is not a fair "assesment" of the radio equipment used at the event on a whole. :ThumbsDown01:

RandyatBBY
09-23-2009, 08:46 PM
BBY Boats got

1st P Sport Hydro War Eagle 34 Driver Me
1st N1 Mono Oval Master 21 Driver Bill Oxidean
2nd P Hydro Spirit Spec hydro Driver Me
2nd LSO Patriot 29 Driver Dave Newland
3rd Q Sport Hydro War Eagle 36 Driver Me
3rd P OPC new FG Hooters Driver Bill Oxidean

We had a great time!

Bill-SOCAL
09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice post Andy, you really are a company hack aren't you??

Grimracer
09-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I have

David Newland took FIRST in

OPC Tunnel
N-2 Mono
N-2 Sport Hydro

using Spektrum Marine equipment.

Somebody ran aground a T Hydro due to a 2.4 Fut lockout, and another lost a 1/8 Scale to a Fut radio. Don't know what "lost" means, nor what type of Fut either had other than 2.4. A couple guys running older Spektrum car radios had some glitch problems, but no further details.

As I expected, DTJr ran away with the High Points.

Andy

o boy.............

AlanN
09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
My Futaba FAAST controlled my 1/8th scale to it's 8th consecutive win. And second in spec rigger. And Howard Tucker won T hydro with a FAAST radio in his hull and 3rd in spec rigger.

Hydromaniac
09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
:rockon2:Here are the results I am sure of as they are in our club,
"Vintage" 1/10 Fast Scale

CHUCK ALARID New National record as well
SEAN CORDOVA
ROD SANATA
SEAN CORDOVA placed 3rd in P SPORT HYDRO, And ROD SANATA won the event concourse award.:beerchug:

BILL OXIDEAN
09-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I would like to publicly thank MMEU, all of the event's class sponsors as well as the event main sponsor, The Michigan club members all were instumental in making this a challenging, fair, and smooth running race from the site to the food, you guys had it covered.

I would like to thank every person who participated, good vibes and spirits filled the pits all weekend

And thanx to my sponsor BBY for not making me have to post my own score lol..

BILL OXIDEAN
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah, and since we're doing radio wars:
EVERY radio mfg had problemos on that pond except my TRIDE AND TRUE STATE OF THE ART Airtonics M-11x :tiphat:

Which I may add is the fastest responding, lowest cost, high end radio on the market!!

TRUCKPULL
09-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Bill

Not every radio
My JR FM's worked perfectly all weekend.

Larry

Steven Vaccaro
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Ok, lets not get into a pissing contest over radios. As we all know electronics and water don't mix. Radio problems will happen in ANY system.

Back to the subject, who took n1-mono and what were the race times. I need some numbers to shoot for...

AndyKunz
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry to start a flame war. I shared only the limited info I had from 2 different sources. I pointed out there were problems on both sides of the 2.4 aise.

My apologies.

Andy

RandyatBBY
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Larry and Bill were on the same team...... You ask what team???? Why TEAM BBY of course! All we needed was one third place and we would have beaten the Rum Runner team. Back to the subject radios I was running my Hitec 3D it did do great but the 16 inch trout did hit and lot of boats and knock them out of contention.

It was so cool to see DT Jr. again. I looked up the first time we met at the races, Dig this Doug! you were asking and neither of us could remember but My third place trophy for box stock mono Said July 1995 those were the days:thumbup1: "Wet and Wild Electric Boat Championship" Just out side of Chicago I forgit the pond name.

Rod It was great to meet you what is up with Rum Runner?:sorry: for asking.

RandyatBBY
09-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry to start a flame war. I shared only the limited info I had from 2 different sources. I pointed out there were problems on both sides of the 2.4 aise.

My apologies.

Andy

There was some problems but I think it is Broad casting problems and more voltage on the transmitter would help. Of course the sponsored racers can not admit any problems.

Steven Vaccaro
09-24-2009, 02:19 PM

My apologies.

Andy

No apology needed. We all like to "stir the pot" once in a while:banana:
You should read some of my emails lately after I slammed my sons football coach for his lack of dedication. Talk about opening a hornets nest. :banana::banana:

Also looking for result lap times on n2-mono?

RandyatBBY
09-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Back to the subject, who took n1-mono and what were the race times. I need some numbers to shoot for...

I can answer that It was A BBY Oval Master 21, With My driver Wilmer Oxidean driving a 1.31.24

RandyatBBY
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Also looking for result lap times on n2-mono?

I wish I could remember. We had a screaming OM26 with a Neu1512 that had a ballance problem and would hook if we pushed too hard in the conor. But if this helps we were pushing 62MPH

Steven Vaccaro
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I wish I could remember. We had a screaming OM26 with a Neu1512 that had a ballance problem and would hook if we pushed too hard in the conor. But if this helps we were pushing 62MPH

I wish I could have gone. I have a Syncron thats cut down to fit in the n2 mono class. With a 1515 1d. Its a screamer. But still working on handling issues.

Thanks for the numbers in n1. The info is for my kids hulls. We have the brushless stuff running quite well now. Just looking to see if they will be competitive in speed to the brushed stuff.

RandyatBBY
09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I wish I could have gone. I have a Syncron thats cut down to fit in the n2 mono class. With a 1515 1d. Its a screamer. But still working on handling issues.

Thanks for the numbers in n1. The info is for my kids hulls. We have the brushless stuff running quite well now. Just looking to see if they will be competitive in speed to the brushed stuff.

I am really glad I could make the race. I am in dept about $1200. more now, But it was worth it to get to dial in the boats a little more to meet the new rules and see all my old and new friends.

We are going to start running the new Novak 17.5T pro I am sure it will stack up to the brushed motors. PS My kid is Bill:just-kidding:

D. Newland
09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Steve-I'll see if I can get some heat times from N-2 mono. My boat was a Delta 25, Hacker 5L and an X440/2. Castle 240, Marinepower EON 28 4950's 2S2P. I'd guess that it was in the high 1:40's/low 1:50's for heat times as the P monos were in the low 1:40's/high 1:30's. Without having specific times, I'd easily venture to guess that Doug Peterson had the fastest N-2 mono on the water that whole weekend, including his N-2 Offshore setup.

Randy-I'm happy with 2nd in LSO with the Patriot, but I really wanted the 1st place in that class to go back-to-back with the '08 Nat's. I just had nothing left for Twaits in LSO...in P mono...in P Offshore...etc, etc.

Hydromaniac
09-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Rod It was great to meet you what is up with Rum Runner?:sorry: for asking.[/QUOTE]

Randy, enjoyed meeting you also, RRR got hacked on Sunday, It is being worked on but they are also tring to find the opening in the program and correct it. That will will take a bit longer as we want to save all the past information and threads as well.

BILL OXIDEAN
09-25-2009, 08:50 AM

Hey Steve, typically guys are running about 26-29mph in oval trim.
A safe finishing speed would be around 27-28. What has it taken to get the BL stuff screaming? an enormous prop? Sub-surface?

AndyKunz
09-25-2009, 09:40 AM
There was some problems but I think it is Broad casting problems and more voltage on the transmitter would help. Of course the sponsored racers can not admit any problems.

More voltage in the transmitter won't help with a 2.4g system. The radio chips themselves use 3.2V (typically), so even if you had an 8-cell 9.6V battery in there, most of that power is going to waste (assuming a linear voltage regulator).

Andy

Jeff Wohlt
09-25-2009, 09:42 AM
WOW...there is Andy for a change.... Good info. Thanks for the update.

I do not understand how a 2.4 would have issues....but I am not a radio expert. Any other manufacturer on here (you know who you are) does the same plugging of their stuff.

Steven Vaccaro
09-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Steve, typically guys are running about 26-29mph in oval trim.
A safe finishing speed would be around 27-28. What has it taken to get the BL stuff screaming? an enormous prop? Sub-surface?

Thanks for the info Bill. Right now they are not that fast. 24mph is all I could muster in oval trim. I've tried some radical props and most ran the same speed or slower. I did try a 17 series octura prop, it was faster but wouldnt get on plane without a toss. The best prop I found for both takeoff and top end was a x642. I have a m645 cut down to 42 and a m645 to test out next.

Grimracer
09-25-2009, 12:14 PM

Randy,

First and foremost good job at the race.. Looks like you had it together and must have been on your game.

Im not sure.. maybe you can help me out.. what if any sponsored (radio Im assuming you are referring to) were at this years event? I know that no Futaba drivers were there (looks like we might have missed out!)

DJ was not there twisting for Team Horzion.

Billyo says he is an Airtronics Driver… does that leave us with Billyo and some Hitec drivers?

Cheers!

Grim

RandyatBBY
09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Steve-I'll see if I can get some heat times from N-2 mono. My boat was a Delta 25, Hacker 5L and an X440/2. Castle 240, Marinepower EON 28 4950's 2S2P. I'd guess that it was in the high 1:40's/low 1:50's for heat times as the P monos were in the low 1:40's/high 1:30's. Without having specific times, I'd easily venture to guess that Doug Peterson had the fastest N-2 mono on the water that whole weekend, including his N-2 Offshore setup.

Randy-I'm happy with 2nd in LSO with the Patriot, but I really wanted the 1st place in that class to go back-to-back with the '08 Nat's. I just had nothing left for Twaits in LSO...in P mono...in P Offshore...etc, etc.

Doug is hard to beat, I have done it, but on the average he allways comes out on the top. My OM29 saw it first heat racing at the 2009 Nats it was a new boat. So it got dialed in a little.

T.C.
09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
So...are the result a deep dark secret?
No one can post all the classes in some kind of order with who won 1,2,3 in ea. class?
Or am I missing something?
T.C.

Boatman
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Its not that easy. MMEU was running the show and their forum is based on RRR which went down for a short time being hacked by hackass's. They should have results on their site soon but as stated they need a week or two to relax. The winners know who they are I am sure but most again only post on RRR. Not much competition between the forums but thats just where they kinda grew up. Results will come soon. I was just hoping to hear some hometown boys had won a race or 2!

T.C.
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
OK ? :huh:
Thanks for clearing that up ? I think? :confused1:
T.C.

BILL OXIDEAN
09-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Randy,

First and foremost good job at the race.. Looks like you had it together and must have been on your game.

Im not sure.. maybe you can help me out.. what if any sponsored (radio Im assuming you are referring to) were at this years event? I know that no Futaba drivers were there (looks like we might have missed out!)

DJ was not there twisting for Team Horzion.

Billyo says he is an Airtronics Driver… does that leave us with Billyo and some Hitec drivers?

Cheers!

Grim

I know of a full fledged Hitec driver present, and spektrum DID support the race with a givaway radio. Wait, a Spektrum test pilot was there and I haven't heard him boast or brag once, and he did a SPLENDID job

I was hoping to see more futaba guys..
The whole radio sponsorship thing is fun to me.

I'm SUPER proud to be with Airtronics, and its great to see other guys show pride in their radio ride by wearing shirts, stickered up boats etc.

I'd have to say radio tech has come a long way with ALL of the mfgs and that's a blessing to our hobby.

My driving gets better with the radio tech. My M-11x feels like the perfect radio for me. The response time allows me to save blowovers, and miss bougheys like never before. It used to be when that bow got to a certain height, its over but now I can get outta' the throttle and actually save it in time..

Here's my driver profile. I'm a full factory Team Airtronics driver
http://teamairtronics.wordpress.com/driver-profiles/

Scroll to the bottom..

sailr
09-29-2009, 05:20 AM
Bill, I have a couple of the Airtronics 2.4ghz radios. They are Sweeeet and the price is great. Where can I get some decals?

chuckc
09-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Hey guy's here's the info I have. I think this is the correct standings, but I'll qualify that by saying Unofficial til Fred S gets Race Manager to spit it out.

OPC 1st Dave Newland, 2nd Mike Ball (also new Record), 3rd Bill Oxidean
LSO 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Dave Newland, 3rd Ken Joye
Q Mono, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Doug Twaits Jr
P Hydro, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Randy Naylor, 3rd Dave Newland
Ult Offshore, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Ken Haines, 3rd Mike Paganelli
Production, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Marc Cerankowski, 3rd Chuck Crawford
10th Scale, 1st Sean Cordova. 2nd Chuck Alarid, 3rd Rod Sanata

Concour's 10th scale Rod Sanata

P Offshore, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Dave Newland, 3rd Ken Haines
N2 Offshore, 1st Dave Newland, 2nd Doug Peterson, 3rd Ken Haines
N2 Sport, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Dave Newland, 3rd Mike Ball
Q Offshore, 1st Mike Paganelli, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Doug Twaits Jr
P Spec Hydro, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Alan Nayman, 3rd Howard Tucker
P Mono, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Dave Newland, 3r Larry Jaques
LSH 1st Doug Twaits Jr., 2nd Mike Ball (UL-1), 3rd Terry Davis(Whiplash) Don't remember what Boat Doug ran, sorry
8th Scale, 1st Alan Nayman, 2nd Steve Reesor, 3rd Eddie Hansen
Q Sport Hydro, 1st Terry Davis, 2nd Mike Paganelli,3rd Fred Siewert
N2 Mono, 1st Dave Newland, 2nd Doug Twaits Jr, 3rd Larry Jaques
Ultimate Sprint, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Mike Paganelli
N2 Hydro, 1st Mike Paanelli, 2nd Doug Twaits Jr, 3rd Joe Kazmierski
P Sport Hydro, 1st Randy Naylor, 2nd Larry Jaques, 3rd Sean Cordova
N1 Mono, 1st Bill Oxidean, 2nd Tom Costello, 3rd Jay Stolz
T Hydro, 1st Howard Tucker, 2nd Mike Paganelli, 3rd Ken Joye
Q Hydro, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Ken Haines

Winners of the 2009 Michigan Cup Team RumRunner, Doug Twaits Jr, Mike Paganelli, Mike Martin

High Points Winner DOUG TWAITS Jr :bowdown: 8392.25 points (unofficial)

chuckc
09-29-2009, 06:30 AM
BytheBy, I was using the UL-1 Aquacraft 2.4 radio and receiver and never had a glitch. IMO the best bang for the $. Used it in Production and LSH, NOOOOOOOOOOO Problems:banana: Hats off to Mike's people :thumbup1:

chuckc
09-29-2009, 06:42 AM
Group photo

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ccrawford_photos/2009%20Nats/th_100_2308a.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ccrawford_photos/2009%20Nats/?action=view&current=100_2308a.jpg)

Photobucket 2009 pics

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ccrawford_photos/2009%20Nats/

longballlumber
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks for posting the results Chuck. I think a couple of the finishes are a little confusing because of the tie in points. I am not sure about the others, but I listed the changes for my finishes below. I am sure that once Fred is feeling better, we can get the heat racing program he used to spit out some results...

For those that don't know how NAMBA works, when you have a tie at the end of an even, whomever has the better heat racing time gets the place. They also use this timed heat to determine heat racing records. In my case, I tied in points for two different classes.

Spce OPC
1st - Dave Newland (Hull Aquacraft TS2)
2nd - Mike Ball (Hull - Aquacraft TS3) I submitted paperwork to NAMBA for a new heat racing record at 1:52
3rd - Bill Oxidean (Hull - BBY)

LSH
1st - Doug Twaits 2000 pts (Hull - Larsony I think)
2nd - Terry Davis 1725 pts (Hull - Whiplash)
3rd - Mike Ball 1725 pts (Hull - Aquacraft UL-1)

Since Terry had the better heat racing time he got the tie breaker.

N2 Sport
1st - Ken Haines
2nd - Dave Newland
3rd - Doug Twaits - 825 pts
4th - Mike Ball - 825 pts (Hull - Vac-u-Pickle, Hydra 120, Hacker 7L, and MOD Octura M445)

Doug and I tied for third place with 825 points. However, Doug had a better heat racing time so he received the third place trophy, and all I could do is watch him pick up more wood.:smile:

Thanks
Mike

hebner
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Mike,
In Spec OPC your hull was a TS3 is this a new boat from Aquacraft.

longballlumber
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Mike,
In Spec OPC your hull was a TS3 is this a new boat from Aquacraft.

this was a Prototype hull that was lent to me. It's my understanding they would like to produce the hull, but due to time and other projects it won't be anytime soon.

Thanks
Mike

hebner
09-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Have any pics?

D. Newland
09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Chuck-Thanks for getting the "unofficial" list up!

If you've got time, check N-2 Offshore and N-2 Sport. I think you have 1st and 2nd mixed up. Or, we'll wait for Fred.

Thanks again!

sailr
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Totally agree. The tactic works great! I sold almost all of my 75mhz radios and bought 3 tactic tx and 16 receivers. I now carry spare receivers in my race box like some people carry bandaids! If one gets wet during a race I just change it out. The Tower receivers are exactly the same as the tactic and they're $2.21 cheaper AND if you buy a bundle of 8, they come down to somewhere around $17 each.

I do have one screwy transmitter though. I haven't isolated which one it is of two. It's weird. You can run out about 100 yards and let the boat sit there. As soon as you turn your back, the boat takes off at full throttle! Yahoo. Had two boats hit the bank pretty hard with damage.

BytheBy, I was using the UL-1 Aquacraft 2.4 radio and receiver and never had a glitch. IMO the best bang for the $. Used it in Production and LSH, NOOOOOOOOOOO Problems:banana: Hats off to Mike's people :thumbup1:

chuckc
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Rather have one transmitter, then you know if it's going crazy. But I'm Scottish, ya know the $ isn't a $ any more, Obama made sure of that. :zip-up:

chuckc
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Steve, How do I or we change this Junior Member to something else?? 65 and still a Jr Member, Com-on big fella........... :popcorn2:

Now where did I put those Depends: :w00t:

longballlumber
09-30-2009, 07:39 AM
The Official results can be found here...

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=10585