PDA

View Full Version : Delta Force 33 47MPH flip

LiPo Power
09-20-2009, 08:47 PM
This is the damage after acrobatic flip/turn/dive etc on my delta force 33. Too bad I have no video of it but pictures are here...... Jesse!!!! Where do I get this part new??? :bowdown:
I need to fix it before next Saturday....
Cheers
Robert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhP9bWxHa78

Raydee
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM
CHeck out the second half of this vid. EverythingRC's Delta 33" doing som nice acrabatics at about 60mph. He also bent his rudder but the actual blade. I didn't get any pics of the blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434zgBgm1NI&feature=channel_page

LiPo Power
09-20-2009, 09:15 PM
CHeck out the second half of this vid. EverythingRC's Delta 33" doing som nice acrabatics at about 60mph. He also bent his rudder but the actual blade. I didn't get any pics of the blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434zgBgm1NI&feature=channel_page

Yap! That is just like watching my boat going in to the air.....

Rumdog
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Why not just bend it back?

Doby
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
It was a sight to see when it flipped, rolled, bounced etc.

Hey Robert, Were is the GPS pic of my new personal best of 58.6Mph today on 4S?????

LiPo Power
09-20-2009, 09:38 PM
What picks of personal best of 58.6MPH ????
Was the boat red or yellow????
Comming up soon.....
Did you respond to my e-mail quastion for you?

LiPo Power
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
It was a sight to see when it flipped, rolled, bounced etc.

Hey Robert, Were is the GPS pic of my new personal best of 58.6Mph today on 4S?????

Here it is my friend.....
Two pictures for everyone with little trouble seeing it.....:tongue_smilie:
Good Job!!!

LiPo Power
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Why not just bend it back?

I have try this but it cracked at the mounting to the boat spot so I still need a new one....

properchopper
09-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I've had the same bracket bending problems; got a piece of thick aluminum angle, a little sawing, drilling, grinding and no more bent brackets. :smile:

Jesse J
09-21-2009, 12:42 AM
sorry robert, I deleted it cause of the subject line: put something that makes me know its you. I get way too much spam and don't open stuff unless I am sure its from valid sources.

I am not sure where, I got that bracket from Nate, so I am not real sure of brand. Thought it was speed master, though. I would personally go with the propperchopper solution, will get it fixed quick too!

good luck.

LiPo Power
09-21-2009, 08:12 AM
sorry robert, I deleted it cause of the subject line: put something that makes me know its you. I get way too much spam and don't open stuff unless I am sure its from valid sources.

I am not sure where, I got that bracket from Nate, so I am not real sure of brand. Thought it was speed master, though. I would personally go with the propperchopper solution, will get it fixed quick too!

good luck.

Thank You Jesse

properchopper
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Robert, contact Ray Fuller at : fastel1@cox.net. I got a bracket (like the one you bent) from him. Tell him you want the extended bracket for the Speedmaster .21 mono rudder.

LiPo Power
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Robert, contact Ray Fuller at : fastel1@cox.net. I got a bracket (like the one you bent) from him. Tell him you want the extended bracket for the Speedmaster .21 mono rudder.

Thank You.
I will.
Robert

LiPo Power
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM

Ray has one that is 3 1/4 x 1.1/4 I am not sure if that is what you have in mind.
I need this Before Saturday. Would like to take my DF to
http://www.wellesleyabcfestival.ca/
DOBY may be able to help me on time. Ray would ship one by global priority mail but I do not know if this part will get here on time. ( propably not )
Thank You for help, good staff
Robert

LiPo Power
09-21-2009, 09:48 AM
This is where the problem is after trying to make it straight...

properchopper
09-21-2009, 10:45 AM
This is where the problem is after trying to make it straight...

It seems, by looking at the picture, that the bracket failed at it's weakest point-where material was ground off to allow it to clear the trim tab. A replacement bracket, ground similarly will eventually fail as well since the long bracket has a lot of leverage exerted on it in high speed turns. If I was in your position [boat?] and short of time, I'd find a welding shop that would weld on some reinforcing material at the point of fracture, also a small triangular shaped gusset spanning the right angle on top of the bracket. End result may not look pretty, but would get the job done. The trick is to find a friendly welder who does aluminum welding-most welders can do this. Plan "B" would to get one from Ray & hope it arrives on time, ['tho you'll have to grind off the corner to get clearance, same as your current one]. Plan "C" - I might be able to find my old bracket-same as yours, which is a little tweaked. I'll hammer it straight, grind the corner like yours, and ship it to you. I live in California so it may get to you no sooner than one from Ray, who is in Arizona.

LiPo Power
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
It seems, by looking at the picture, that the bracket failed at it's weakest point-where material was ground off to allow it to clear the trim tab. A replacement bracket, ground similarly will eventually fail as well since the long bracket has a lot of leverage exerted on it in high speed turns. If I was in your position [boat?] and short of time, I'd find a welding shop that would weld on some reinforcing material at the point of fracture, also a small triangular shaped gusset spanning the right angle on top of the bracket. End result may not look pretty, but would get the job done. The trick is to find a friendly welder who does aluminum welding-most welders can do this. Plan "B" would to get one from Ray & hope it arrives on time, ['tho you'll have to grind off the corner to get clearance, same as your current one]. Plan "C" - I might be able to find my old bracket-same as yours, which is a little tweaked. I'll hammer it straight, grind the corner like yours, and ship it to you. I live in California so it may get to you no sooner than one from Ray, who is in Arizona.

My friend DOBY may have sollution to my problem. I need to wait till eavning to see what he has for me. I will update on it. In the mean time I will go and visit local hardware store to see what's avaliable.
Thank You for your great help on this.

LiPo Power
09-25-2009, 11:38 AM

Hi Tony
How much for plan C please?
Thanks
Robert

properchopper
09-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Robert, I'll look for it today. No charge for the bracket & Ill see how much shipping is. Problem is that It'll bend again where the corner's ground off. A better solution would be the heavy duty bracket extension I made ; I could make a version of it for you, drill out the holes to attach the rudder-holding piece and attach the piece that bolts to the hull -should be the same hole pattern. I'm racing this weekend so today's race prep day. After the weekend I can get started. Again, no charge except shipping.

properchopper
09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Robert, I'll look for it today. No charge for the bracket & Ill see how much shipping is. Problem is that It'll bend again where the corner's ground off. A better solution would be the heavy duty bracket extension I made ; I could make a version of it for you, drill out the holes to attach the rudder-holding piece and attach the piece that bolts to the hull -should be the same hole pattern. I'm racing this weekend so today's race prep day. After the weekend I can get started. Again, no charge except shipping.

Robert, after looking at the picture of your setup , Plan C might be easier to match up to your boat. It'll need some reinforcing at the corner; I'll come up with something.

LiPo Power
09-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Very kind of you, thanks a million. I will take the single bracket but please do not grind the corner. I think I will fit it in without grinding it off. Check my next picture of custom made bracket I have on my boat right now. There is enough room for not to grind the corner. Check other pictures for details of dimentions. I would also like to try your new design bracket. If it's not too much to ask please let me have one of them too. I will pay shipping. Do not have to be sent fast. I can wait at this point. Once again, THANK YOU and next Tim Hortons when you are arround here is on me...

LiPo Power
09-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Few extra pictures for you....

properchopper
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I'll get started next week :biggrin: The pictures do help, thanks.

LiPo Power
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Robert, after looking at the picture of your setup , Plan C might be easier to match up to your boat. It'll need some reinforcing at the corner; I'll come up with something.

I LIKE THAT, SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, THANK YOU! :banana:

Flying Scotsman
09-25-2009, 12:32 PM
. Again, no charge except shipping.

You are the man Tony, apart from that bald idiot who tries to video fast moving FE boats.

Love you both,

Douggie

LiPo Power
09-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I'll get started next week :biggrin: The pictures do help, thanks.

One more detail. You can see that I can use all 4 holes to mount this bracket. Right now two of them have tape on the top but it's ok to use them. Thanks.
PS
We are also racing this Saturday at:
http://www.wellesleyabcfestival.ca/

properchopper
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
You are the man Tony, apart from that bald idiot who tries to video fast moving FE boats.

Love you both,

Douggie

Carefull Bro, we need to pick his brain for hydro secrets :spy: :w00t:

properchopper
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Robert, Here's where I'm at so far. The stock "replacement" bracket, once I found it and straightened it out didn't look like it would survive on it's own. I've made the angle reinforcement bracket to bolt on to the original bracket [ I'll hit the hardware stote tomorrow to get some nice bolts]. The whole deal should bolt right in place on your boat. Might be a slight interference situation with your cooling line. Easy to plug & move if need be.

LiPo Power
09-27-2009, 05:21 PM
This looks sweet.... I like it. If you have this bracket done shoot me some pictures so I can plan for water cooling line changes. Thank you.
Robert

Jesse J
09-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself and that the checkered babe is getting some racing action. I just felt bad keeping her cramped up in the shop collecting dust. Great work Robert!
J

properchopper
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Almost done. Holes are my hardware's "signature" ; as my driving skills in racewater leak out of the hole in my head on the driver's stand every time :tiphat:

LiPo Power
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself and that the checkered babe is getting some racing action. I just felt bad keeping her cramped up in the shop collecting dust. Great work Robert!
J

Thank You Jesse... This boat I like... :smile:
Winter time we have Delta Force nock off project going.. ha....
We=Me, Doby, Daniel

LiPo Power
09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Almost done. Holes are my hardware's "signature" ; as my driving skills in racewater leak out of the hole in my head on the driver's stand every time :tiphat:

Can't wait to see this on my boat....
Thank You...

properchopper
09-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Done. PM your address & I'll get it out tomorrow. :biggrin:

LiPo Power
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Wow, that was fast...

LiPo Power
09-28-2009, 06:45 PM

PM sent...

LiPo Power
09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Any chance for few pictures in order for me to get the boat ready if I need it?
Cheers
Robert

properchopper
09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Robert, the four outermost holes should line up perfectly with yours. I got the bracket from Ray with the innermost holes drilled, but the four outside holes are standard Speedmaster spacing. [ I had to drill the inside holes to line up with the holes on my boat which had the standard spacing ] You'll have to back out the two inside stainless clamping bolts to get access/clearance to mount the bracket, then screw them back in once the bracket's mounted to the boat transom. I threaded [cut threads] to the inner bracket to make this easy. You may have a clearance issue with your water line, maybe not. If the new bracket interferes with the trim tab, grind the bracket [or trim tab] some.

LiPo Power
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Robert, the four outermost holes should line up perfectly with yours. I got the bracket from Ray with the innermost holes drilled, but the four outside holes are standard Speedmaster spacing. [ I had to drill the inside holes to line up with the holes on my boat which had the standard spacing ] You'll have to back out the two inside stainless clamping bolts to get access/clearance to mount the bracket, then screw them back in once the bracket's mounted to the boat transom. I threaded [cut threads] to the inner bracket to make this easy. You may have a clearance issue with your water line, maybe not. If the new bracket interferes with the trim tab, gring the bracket [or trim tab] some.

Roger...

properchopper
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Just mailed it including customs declaration. Hope it gets there soon :thumbup1:

LiPo Power
09-29-2009, 04:48 PM
So fast, thank you!

LiPo Power
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Everyone!!!
Please have a look at this e-mail and respond!!!
I hope Jim do not mind me placing this respond for all of you to see it...

Re: Shippment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiPo Power
Hi
Thanks for sending this so quickly. How much was it and how do I pay you back please?
Thanks
Robert

No payback needed. Glad to help. If someone else needs a favor you can help with, pay it forward.

Tony

LiPo Power
10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Tony
Bracket is here now. Thank you for your help again. Looks tough. I will have one more chance this season to test it out before my boat will sit on the shelf to wait for another.
Cheers
Robert