PDA

View Full Version : Toronto race sept 13 2009

LiPo Power
09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
This was fun as allways with Toronto RC Club members!!! This is just a small general video of the last race. Water was choppy. It was windy and many boats only at half throttle. I wish I have HD camcorder.....
Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6Md6txApE

txboatpilot
09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice boats! Water was being friendly at all...

Was that John's Rio51? Also did I hear Larry Jaques speaking up on the stand in the hydro heat??

Looks like fun,, wish you guys went so far,, I would come to some of your races!

eboat
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey Robert this is why Woody died out in the third heat

LiPo Power
09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey Robert this is why Woody died out in the third heat

Ohh man that is not for real...
What was the reason, do you know?
Robert

LiPo Power
09-14-2009, 09:43 PM

Was that John's Rio51? Also did I hear Larry Jaques speaking up on the stand in the hydro heat??

Looks like fun,, wish you guys went so far,, I would come to some of your races!

You are right. Johns Rio 51 is everywhere... :bowdown:

eboat
09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
When I greased it the night before the race I noticed that it looked like one stand was missing in the middle part of the flex shaft but there was no loose ends so I think it was starting to come unwound (I used it as I did as I did not have another shaft with one square end)

Camman
09-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks for posting
Nice race site
Where is it located at?

Who was spot on the clock in the UL-1 heat
He sure did have every! body on the start...:banana:
Heck of a fight for 2nd it looked like ...lol

:beerchug:

eboat
09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
The UL 1 was in the LSH race
We had 9 boats in this class and ran them all in one heat
I do not know if any very many of the UL 1 finished a race
They ended up upside down for the most part
Doby ran one also
I think he finished
It was very windy and choppy water
I ran a shovel nose and managed to finish all 3 heats and ended up first over all just ahead of Doby :)

My boat is not pretty (been run over more than once) but gets the job done

Doby
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM

My Rio, and yes, thats Larry...not surprised you could hear him all the way down to Texas :rofl::rofl:

txboatpilot
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
My Rio, and yes, thats Larry...not surprised you could hear him all the way down to Texas :rofl::rofl:

HAHAHAHHA.... I could tell that voice anywhere!! Larry (Mr. Truckpull) is such a wonderful guy to talk with and has lots of helpful tips and info!! :tiphat:

Doby, what prop were you running on the Roi51? Also have you ran the 3040/14 anymore?? I am really regretting selling it!! LOL :doh:

Doby
09-15-2009, 09:09 AM
The UL 1 was in the LSH race
We had 9 boats in this class and ran them all in one heat
I do not know if any very many of the UL 1 finished a race
They ended up upside down for the most part
Doby ran one also
I think he finished
It was very windy and choppy water
I ran a shovel nose and managed to finish all 3 heats and ended up first over all just ahead of Doby :)

My boat is not pretty (been run over more than once) but gets the job done

Yup, I finished 2nd overall with my UL-1,,,but only beacause I didn't finish the 2nd race. I got rear ended in the first lap and when going by the drivers stand on the 2nd lap, I noticed that my cooling line had been disconnected so I pulled into the middle of the course rather than continue for 4 more laps with no cooling.

That little shovel nose of yours handeled the rough water well.:beerchug:

Doby
09-15-2009, 09:13 AM
HAHAHAHHA.... I could tell that voice anywhere!! Larry (Mr. Truckpull) is such a wonderful guy to talk with and has lots of helpful tips and info!! :tiphat:

Doby, what prop were you running on the Roi51? Also have you ran the 3040/14 anymore?? I am really regretting selling it!! LOL :doh:

He is fun to talk too, now only if he'd learn to tape up his boats faster.:biggrin:

The prop on the Rio is huge, people are amazed when they see the size. I'll check on the exact size tonigh as I can't remember exactly right now (getting old).

I did run the new LMT in the cat as well. Didn't GPS it but with the new prop its easily in the 50's. Temps are around the low 130's.

eboat
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
He is fun to talk too, now only if he'd learn to tape up his boats faster.

I think that is half the problem he can not do both at the same time :) :)

Doby
09-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Agreed, always waiting for Larry to shut up and tape up !!!!!!

He does make the races fun though and his boats are impressive, I really like his N2 mono , a 29"DF cut down to 26",,,nice , fast,, stable little boat.

txboatpilot
09-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I did run the new LMT in the cat as well. Didn't GPS it but with the new prop its easily in the 50's. Temps are around the low 130's.

Which prop??:tiphat:

LiPo Power
09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for posting
Nice race site
Where is it located at?

Who was spot on the clock in the UL-1 heat
He sure did have every! body on the start...:banana:
Heck of a fight for 2nd it looked like ...lol

:beerchug:

It is located at Finch and highway 427
see pictures from google