PDA

View Full Version : Twin maritimo (66.7 mph) video

wolf IV
09-05-2009, 03:26 PM
WELL I FINALLY GOT THE BUGS WORKED OUT AND NOW CAN ENJOY HER BEUTY. THIS HULL IS PRETTY AMAZING. HOPEFULLY THE NEXT VIDEO I POST SHE WILL HAVE HIT 70 MPH, WICH IS MY GOAL...ENJOY:beerchug:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWh2DRhJeLs

domwilson
09-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Sweeettt! Very nice run. But Johnny Cash? For some reason now I have a taste for beer...Subliminal message?

wolf IV
09-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Hahaha, thanks bud im trying to talk someone into getting up early with me and filming some real footage. This is still kind of a fixed side angle wich doesnt give the real effect of how fast she goes.time to look for another gps on e-way....

egneg
09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
That boat really moves!

wolf IV
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
that boat really moves!

you wanna make it go faster? Give me a price:)

jfabcustom
09-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Wolf nice job that thing screams! Killer video of the morning life in the harbor! Was that a fisherman out there next to you? He must have been pissed:laugh: It's too bad that guy on the kayak spoiled your good water. Didn't sound too good at the end. Did she blow over? ruined the GPS? :cursing: :mad: :doh:

wolf IV
09-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Wolf nice job that thing screams! Killer video of the morning life in the harbor! Was that a fisherman out there next to you? He must have been pissed:laugh: It's too bad that guy on the kayak spoiled your good water. Didn't sound too good at the end. Did she blow over? ruined the GPS? :cursing: :mad: :doh:

THANKYOU! YEP , THAT WAS A KAKAYAKKER-DOUBLE-POLE-FISHER-MAN-DUDE...AS THE MORNING FADES AWAY THERES AN ABUNDANCE OF PADDLE BOARDERS, AND KAKAYAKKER'S.. GOTTA GET OUT THERE EARLY!!!I SWAPPED-UP IN A LITTLE CURENT THAT SITS THERE.YOU SAW MY REACTION .. IVE LOST ONE HULL INTO A BUOY AND WOULD HAVE CRIED IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN AGAIN. PLUS THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME ID SEEN HER GET UGLY! THE GARMIN 101 WAS VELCRO-ED TO THE TOP OF THE TRANSOM FOR CG PURPOSES. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO TAKE IT OFF TOO.. WELL I GUESS THEY DONT FLOAT:doh: I SAW THE SCOOP FLOATING NEXT TO HER AND THOUGHT IT WAS THE ENTIRE COWL SINKING:eek: SHES ALL BACK TOGETHER AND WILL SEE WATER AGAIN TOMORROW (EARLY)!!

wolf IV
09-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Well guys i convinced my wife to get up at 6am tomorrow morning. Sooo we will have some good footage!! Orrr at least better:wink: footage.

Jesse J
09-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Great work man!! I will get up early with ya and help you get your good footage... She is smokin, bro. Lookin forward to next vid.
J

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks bro. Super bummed, had a shaft seperate and lost the end w/ prop..$$$ ....i didnt even get a single pass in before it busted....IM UPLOADING THE FOOTAGE ON YOUTUBE ANYWAYS..ILL POST A LINK IN A COUPLE HRS.

Jeff Wohlt
09-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I do not understand why soldering is not holding better than the Loctite. You did resolder those right?

Jesse's newer ones are with Loctite.

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes, i soldered all of them right off the bat. Has jesse had any luck with them( loctite)?? Ill email him.. I sent you a messege. Ill try loctite as well! ( sleeve retainer glue). Soo lame, got the wife up and my boys for some video and didnt even get a good pass before she broke!! It was windy aldeadY anyways:cursing:

Jeff Wohlt
09-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Don't think Jesse has installed his yet for the intruder.

Gunnels has gun solder that is stronger than anything else. Might be what Ed Hughey uses but not sure. I have not gotten any but considering it. I think some of it is the cable...not the shaft. Cable does not take solder well. You must use a good flux with it.

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks jeff. Wanna make me a couple more? I think by making them 3/16'' shorter will allow me to run some of the solder up the shaft and that way i wont have to worry about them not being able to bend. Also id like to have them drilled as far down the shaft as possible for a larger bonding surface.

egneg
09-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss ... they were a matched pair. If you want to send me the remaining prop I can match it up.

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM
sorry to hear about your loss ... They were a matched pair. If you want to send me the remaining prop i can match it up.ok. Thanks. Send me your address. Also we were talking about x447's, but well never mind. I was gonna say lets do a couple 445's but no such......so i need some 447's detounged and back cut. Remember im looking for rpm, and already have (plenty) of bottom end. As well as the sister for the prop lost today wich was the right hand 442..

egneg
09-07-2009, 12:46 PM
PM sent with my address.

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
PM sent with my address.

GOT IT. IM GONNA HAVE CASH ON FRI. PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GET STARTED , I.E- SEND OUT SISTER PROP(442) AND YOU COULD START ON THE 447'S? JUST LET ME KNOW AS I WILL BE ABLE TO PAY IN FULL ON FRI. HERES THE LINK TO THE MISHAP....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXr1mrYuqZ0

LiPo Power
09-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Videos are great, boat is superfast, congrats!
When it comes to video, what setting did you use to make it blue and was it Sony brand? I had this going on on my brothers sony camera once but can not remember what was changed to get it blu like that..
Thanks

Gary
09-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice video. Boat is real stable, great job. I love people that just wander in front of screaming bullets on the water LOL

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Videos are great, boat is superfast, congrats!
When it comes to video, what setting did you use to make it blue and was it Sony brand? I had this going on on my brothers sony camera once but can not remember what was changed to get it blu like that..
Thanks
ON MY HARD DISK JVC ITS ON "HALOGEN" UNDER WB SETTING.I DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS BLUE UNTIL YOU SAID THIS.. HOW FUNNY.. IT REALLY IS BLUE DOWN AT THE HARBOR AS THE SUN COMES UP, BUT NOT THAT BLUE:tongue_smilie: NEXT VID. WILL BE 70MPH..:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

wolf IV
09-07-2009, 11:45 PM
nice video. Boat is real stable, great job. I love people that just wander in front of screaming bullets on the water lol

thankyou, i think she may become a hand full when conditions are not co opperating, and in the 70 mph range. She s really starting to loosen up in comparison to her first few times in the water. a little dryer and rpm's are finally up where they should be.

wolf IV
11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M63FaftSybM todays run.. no gps waiting on better batteries and props....

domwilson
11-29-2009, 12:16 AM
That thing is Movin'!!! Looks nice...

wolf IV
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Thankyou!

RandyatBBY
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Don't think Jesse has installed his yet for the intruder.

Gunnels has gun solder that is stronger than anything else. Might be what Ed Hughey uses but not sure. I have not gotten any but considering it. I think some of it is the cable...not the shaft. Cable does not take solder well. You must use a good flux with it.

I am in the shop cleaning and it is a holiday so I have the time to help. Most of the time I have to get the work out and have little time to be on the web. Break fast lunch and breaks only.

Do not know if you all need the help still. But hear it goes.

Ed and I both use a silver brazing alloy. it is 65% silver. Takes a fair torch to melt. I also use Borax Flux. With metal marriages there is a few little tricks to get the flux to work on both metals. It must be real clean, I use my ultrasonic Jewelers Cleaner to prep the metal. I also make sure the flux covers extra area when soldering. Make sure the metal cools a bit before cooling in the water. It can crystallized and become brittle and break if cooled too soon.

I have repaired some of the wire drive shafts that were locktited. I cleaned them and soldered them this way and they work great.

wolf IV
11-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Thankyou for your desired methods of shaft joining!!! I used ( #638 loctite ) as i saw it to be the strongest they make from my research. I did prep both the shaft and the flex w/ heavy sanding and lots of brake clean, then acetone to clean. I used sufficient amount of loctite and wiped excess away and let stand for 36 hrs. It has held for two solid runs so far.. I would feel much better brazing it though and will get what you have suggested for the next batch!!! Thanks again! By the way the one that ed did is also holding strong..

Jesse J
11-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Whatever Jeff did to those shafts, didn't have a lick of trouble with em after we went to the .098" and the Wohlt secret... Glad to see her cookin with dixie!!

wolf IV
12-17-2009, 12:45 AM
JUST PURCHASED A SET OF THESE..http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10307 NOW GOING FROM 25C TO 30C WAS A HUGE DIFERENCE, WHATS GOING TO 40C GONNA BE LIKE?:thumbup: ILL SEE WHAT KIND OF SPEED INCREASE I ACHIEVE W/ THESE AAND THEN GET CHUCK TO DO ME SOME 442'S CUPPED..

Xcesive8
12-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Got some of the Turnigy 3s 5000 40C from hobbycity a week back.
There awesome! Great value for money huh!! :beerchug:

wolf IV
12-17-2009, 01:43 AM
No kidding!! My video was w/ the 30 c version so i cant wait to see what the 40 c 's will add !! These batteries are unreal for the price .. Actually there unreal besides the price!!. I have 14 30c batteries i run in all my park fliers and edf jets at 70-90 mph and they all work awesome!!!

egneg
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
JUST PURCHASED A SET OF THESE..http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10307 NOW GOING FROM 25C TO 30C WAS A HUGE DIFERENCE, WHATS GOING TO 40C GONNA BE LIKE?:thumbup: ILL SEE WHAT KIND OF SPEED INCREASE I ACHIEVE W/ THESE AAND THEN GET CHUCK TO DO ME SOME 442'S CUPPED..

:iagree: I will have to get a pair of those as well (batteries that is).

wolf IV
12-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Chuck, ill hit you up on the props after the holidays!!

wolf IV
12-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Ok, im heading out tomorrow with these brand new batteries. Ill pre-heat them to 110 deg. And have my dad watching, and filming for the first time, for you guys!! Lets hope for 70 mph on glassy water ;)

wolf IV
12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I think you get more speed out of a little bump on the water.... Well i hit 67.1 mph! The batteries were pre-heated at 110/107 deg and came in after a hard run at 110- go figure!!! If i run this hard w/ the 30-40 c batteries as befor they would swell a bit ( not good :) but these arent even fazed!!!! I think its time to have chuck do me up acouple sweetheart! Ill review the vid and see if its worth posting..

egneg
12-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Come on now - we want to see the vid !!!!

:popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

wolf IV
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Lol... I still have to check it out.. Ill go get it out of the truck ;)

bustitup
12-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Lol... I still have to check it out.. Ill go get it out of the truck ;)

dude find some open water...its real frustrating watching you have to let up on the throttle just when its starting to build some speed:doh:

wolf IV
12-27-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t1NRCxOWVw yeh your right, its scarry out there too because theres a few curents i have to watch out for!!! or else... thats what happened to my late 58 mph el lobo and the only crash from the timo.. i think one of them is a boyle from a shallow rock. on new years day in going over to Quesstek's house and running on his lake in fresh water .. it will be interesting to she how she likes it!! we will most definantly video!!! im excided!!! does anyone know if boats are faster in salt or fresh water??? ive got a few theories, but want to know what you guys have to say ...

wolf IV
12-27-2009, 07:43 PM
:doh:LOL!!! I just realized that i beat my record with her... how funny (66.7 to 67.1). well i didnt hit the 70 mph goal ... yet... but were moving in the right direction!:thumbup:

wolf IV
01-02-2010, 02:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPai10pYKvM LAKE FOREST LAKE... ENJOY!

wolf IV
01-03-2010, 05:10 AM
HERES THE LAST RUN ON THE LAKE, ITS WITH THE LESSER OF THE TWO POWERFULL SETS OF BATTERIES. BUT ITS A PRETTY GOOD RUN ANYHOW. I WAS TRYING TO TAKE IT EASY AS THE RESCUE BOAT WAS INOP AT THE TIME... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cm03dnSjJo

egneg
01-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Josh are you left handed or is that just the way you hold the TX?

wolf IV
01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Ha, thats funny.. No im not left handed but this feels natural for me and ive been using pistol grips for mmmm over 15 years at least. I know it looks funny and for years i never knew i was holding it with the wrong hand ...lol... I like the wheel infront of me ..like a steering wheel so this is how i learned.

egneg
01-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Ok ... I do certain things a bit different as well. It seemed natural at the time and no one was around to tell me otherwise.

wolf IV
01-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Yep! And all along thinking "this is just how its done"...

BakedMopar
01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Ha, thats funny.. No im not left handed but this feels natural for me and ive been using pistol grips for mmmm over 15 years at least. I know it looks funny and for years i never knew i was holding it with the wrong hand ...lol... I like the wheel infront of me ..like a steering wheel so this is how i learned.

I'm not left handed and I hold my transmitter like you. It was pointed out to me by some friends a long time ago. Thats the reason I use Airtronics pistols. The higher end ones can be switched around for leftys.

Nice boat BTW. How much set back is your rudder?

wolf IV
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
COOL, IVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE ELSE HOLD THERE TRANS. LIKE I DO .. as far as the rudder...Umm alot :) ill messure it and get back w/ you . But its out there!!!