PDA

View Full Version : RC Scale Tuber

RC Mechanic
08-01-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't know where to put this but I figured this might be the best place. Anyways I have a thread in the traxxas villian forums about this but I fugured you guys might be interested as well. I got this idea to make a scale tuber to run off the back of my villian. You might kool, but not worth building, right? Well what if I told you that I plan to make the tube into a wakeboard eventually and make it steerable so I could jumpi waves and stuff? It sounded like a kool project to me anyways.
I have already started. Ill get pics a little bit later. But Im doing this gradually building on prototype after another. THe first one I have already built. Its not a tube at all, just a mini toy rc boat hull (about 8 in) that I stripped of everything, repainted it added some wieght, and added an army guy (best scale person I could find) to the boat. This is just the first one so its not great looking but it should do its job.

The 2nd one hasn't been built yet, but I've been giving it some thought. This next one is going to be a completly scale looking tube. Nonsteerable though. Its going to be made from styrofoam with a thin nylon covering, and im going to have a wieght in the back to simulate a person wiegfht being in it. Ill go to the dollar tree and find some little guy to be the rider.

After that I plan on making a steerable tube, then a steerable kneeboard, then if all goes well, a steerable wakeboarder.