Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: How many people do you have on your ignore list?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    I have a large web presence of both rc and formal work .. often those lines blur ..
    There's just one name, on just one ignore list , and he plagues this place infrequently..
    After declaring something I posted was infinitesimally incorrect, he dedicated weeks to 5+ daily posts bickering about semantics for this yet to be defined error ... ( of his judgement ? )
    I grew weary of swatting gnats, so blocked his irritating ass .
    Adieu and good riddance...
    Lol, I think I know of whom your talking about, his name started with a X if we're talking about the same user... lol, funny because when I went back and looked at my list... I must have put him on awhile ago too, he was my only one! Haha.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    Lol, I think I know of whom your talking about, his name started with a X if we're talking about the same user... lol, funny because when I went back and looked at my list... I must have put him on awhile ago too, he was my only one! Haha.
    err.. xf* ?.. he didnt reach the same level of frenetic determination to prove himself a troll ... as k* LOL.
    All good now, the ether has cleared .
    ergo .. if you dont have the 'correct' answer, dont say my detail is wrong.. sheeshhhh .
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    err.. xf* ?.. he didnt reach the same level of frenetic determination to prove himself a troll ... as k* LOL.
    All good now, the ether has cleared .
    ergo .. if you dont have the 'correct' answer, dont say my detail is wrong.. sheeshhhh .
    OK Doc, you asked for it.......for the record,
    I walked away from that thread, and have not been back on it since, so lets review the facts; you spouted misinformation, and I did give you the "correct answer" right out of the gate, your ego was just too big to acknowledge that you were mistaken. You stated an example of a 6' power cord carrying 22.7 amps @220v to a hypothetical toaster, and you stated that if you put "that same 22.7 amps" through that cord at 25V DC it would heat up and melt. This went against everything I thought I knew from studying and working with electricity for over 20 yrs, but because of your background I asked for your logic behind the statement hoping to learn something new. You proceeded to give hints to irrelevant electrical phenomenon ("Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"), which basically showed you had no sound logic behind the statement, it was pure MISINFORMATION, on a thread that is there to inform people. Despite all the facts, documented sources, personal experience, identical online discussion, and AMPACITY CHARTS I linked, coupled with the fact that you actually had to ask me what the term "ampacity" meant, which was the basis of the entire discussion, you continued to deny it yet produced no valid theory to support your false claim. I then bowed out of the debate, knowing that it was likely anybody that was following now recognized the original statement(Oh I'm sorry, "detail") was bogus.

    Clearly I did give you the CORRECT ANSWERS, right out of the gate, including (but not limited to) the fact that-
    *DC amps and household RMS AC amps produce the same amount of heat
    *The ampacity of a wire has nothing to do with the voltage type or magnitude of voltage (save for extreme cases far outside of this discussion)
    *The only relevance in this case of the length of wire was voltage drop

    And because you still can't accept it, I just made this little video for you, of a 7', 14gauge appliance cord rated at 18 amps/300v AC, carrying 23 amps @23-24v DC for over a half an hour and barely getting warm, proving beyond any reasonable doubt IMO, that you were full of it.
    You blocked me because I am the one person here who threatened your ego and credibility in the world of electrical theory and it's practical application. Now Doc, I guess you can't even see this right now from way up there on your pedestal, but maybe somebody will be kind enough to forward it to you.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    OK Doc, you asked for it.......for the record,
    I walked away from that thread, and have not been back on it since, so lets review the facts; you spouted misinformation, and I did give you the "correct answer" right out of the gate, your ego was just too big to acknowledge that you were mistaken. You stated an example of a 6' power cord carrying 22.7 amps @220v to a hypothetical toaster, and you stated that if you put "that same 22.7 amps" through that cord at 25V DC it would heat up and melt. This went against everything I thought I knew from studying and working with electricity for over 20 yrs, but because of your background I asked for your logic behind the statement hoping to learn something new. You proceeded to give hints to irrelevant electrical phenomenon ("Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"), which basically showed you had no sound logic behind the statement, it was pure MISINFORMATION, on a thread that is there to inform people. Despite all the facts, documented sources, personal experience, identical online discussion, and AMPACITY CHARTS I linked, coupled with the fact that you actually had to ask me what the term "ampacity" meant, which was the basis of the entire discussion, you continued to deny it yet produced no valid theory to support your false claim. I then bowed out of the debate, knowing that it was likely anybody that was following now recognized the original statement(Oh I'm sorry, "detail") was bogus.

    Clearly I did give you the CORRECT ANSWERS, right out of the gate, including (but not limited to) the fact that-
    *DC amps and household RMS AC amps produce the same amount of heat
    *The ampacity of a wire has nothing to do with the voltage type or magnitude of voltage (save for extreme cases far outside of this discussion)
    *The only relevance in this case of the length of wire was voltage drop

    And because you still can't accept it, I just made this little video for you, of a 7', 14gauge appliance cord rated at 18 amps/300v AC, carrying 23 amps @23-24v DC for over a half an hour and barely getting warm, proving beyond any reasonable doubt IMO, that you were full of it.
    You blocked me because I am the one person here who threatened your ego and credibility in the world of electrical theory and it's practical application. Now Doc, I guess you can't even see this right now from way up there on your pedestal, but maybe somebody will be kind enough to forward it to you.
    ^ this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    I have a large web presence of both rc and formal work .. often those lines blur ..
    There's just one name, on just one ignore list , and he plagues this place infrequently..
    After declaring something I posted was infinitesimally incorrect, he dedicated weeks to 5+ daily posts bickering about semantics for this yet to be defined error ... ( of his judgement ? )
    I grew weary of swatting gnats, so blocked his irritating ass .
    Adieu and good riddance...
    You know what's irritating?
    Humongous egos. Like yours bro.
    You're so enamoured by your own magnificence and intelligence.
    Ever consider you're wrong?

    Getoveryourself


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    OK Doc, you asked for it.......for the record,
    I walked away from that thread, and have not been back on it since, so lets review the facts; you spouted misinformation, and I did give you the "correct answer" right out of the gate, your ego was just too big to acknowledge that you were mistaken. You stated an example of a 6' power cord carrying 22.7 amps @220v to a hypothetical toaster, and you stated that if you put "that same 22.7 amps" through that cord at 25V DC it would heat up and melt. This went against everything I thought I knew from studying and working with electricity for over 20 yrs, but because of your background I asked for your logic behind the statement hoping to learn something new. You proceeded to give hints to irrelevant electrical phenomenon ("Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"), which basically showed you had no sound logic behind the statement, it was pure MISINFORMATION, on a thread that is there to inform people. Despite all the facts, documented sources, personal experience, identical online discussion, and AMPACITY CHARTS I linked, coupled with the fact that you actually had to ask me what the term "ampacity" meant, which was the basis of the entire discussion, you continued to deny it yet produced no valid theory to support your false claim. I then bowed out of the debate, knowing that it was likely anybody that was following now recognized the original statement(Oh I'm sorry, "detail") was bogus.

    Clearly I did give you the CORRECT ANSWERS, right out of the gate, including (but not limited to) the fact that-
    *DC amps and household RMS AC amps produce the same amount of heat
    *The ampacity of a wire has nothing to do with the voltage type or magnitude of voltage (save for extreme cases far outside of this discussion)
    *The only relevance in this case of the length of wire was voltage drop

    And because you still can't accept it, I just made this little video for you, of a 7', 14gauge appliance cord rated at 18 amps/300v AC, carrying 23 amps @23-24v DC for over a half an hour and barely getting warm, proving beyond any reasonable doubt IMO, that you were full of it.
    You blocked me because I am the one person here who threatened your ego and credibility in the world of electrical theory and it's practical application. Now Doc, I guess you can't even see this right now from way up there on your pedestal, but maybe somebody will be kind enough to forward it to you.

    Dude, that charger rocks !
    great video by the way
    Jesus is King .......NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

  7. #37

    Default

    And so it is what it is. Cool video. Now tell us your trick? Lol, just kidding Kevin.

    >
    >

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •